Java Prog anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java Prog anyone?

Guys I hate to ask for help, but I caught this cold the other day and I cant think at all. I'm fighting the snot in my nose for control over my nostrils... snot's the lead :/

Anyway, I have to write this prog due Fri at 12. Here's the requirements. We just learned If/Then statements, so I'm pretty sure we'll have to use those in the prog. I dont necessarily need to have it all done and spoon fed to me, but I definitly do need some help with the basic outline of what should be done.

Write a program named estimate.vbs that follows these rules for estimating the cost of a house.
    The base cost is $50 per square foot.
    The base cost can very depending on how fancy the house is. Here are some adjustments to make.
    A single story house costs an additional $10 per square foot to build (2 story houses are cheaper)
    Add $10,000 to the total cost if there is a garage.
    Add $2 per square foot if there are hardwood floors.
    Add $5,000 to the total cost if there are custom kitchen cabinets.
    Add $10 per square foot if the house has a basement instead of a crawl space.
    Add $3,000 for each fireplace.
    Your program should prompt for the necessary inputs and output a total cost.

Thanks for any input

Here's a quick pseudocode I just did. I'm not too familiar with Java, but I'm sure I could help you out more if you need anything else.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> &lt;Input stuff here&gt;

BaseCost = 50

if HasBasement then BaseCost = BaseCost + 10

if HardwoodFloors then BaseCost = BaseCost + 2

if SingleStory then BaseCost = BaseCost + 10

TotalCost = SquareFeet * BaseCost

if HasGarage then TotalCost = TotalCost + 10000

if CustomCabinets then TotalCost = TotalCost + 5000

TotalCost = TotalCost + (NumFireplaces * 3000)

&lt;Output stuff here&gt; </pre>[/QUOTE]Edit: D'oh, it screwed up the empty lines I had to keep it organized...oh well.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

would you have to do something like:
      if HasBasement &gt; 0 Then BaseCost = BaseCost + 10

actually that did help out alot. thanks man

Comment

HasBasement would be either True or False. If it was true, then "If HasBasement then..." would work, because HasBasement is a 1. You could also say "If HasBasement == 1" or "If HasBasement != 0", etc.

Note: == is used in C, dunno if Java is like that. ;)
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

ok yea, you're right. I think I've got it. I know I'm on the right track though. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X