WTF is with financing a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is with financing a car

I bought my car almost 2 weeks ago and the damn dealer is still dealing with the financing ****, He called today and told me to bring more papers up for the loan place. I mean wtf are they gonna do next? Be like "oh we couldnt get your financing to go through so bring the car back". This is kinda making me mad, top it off the place they are financing through just called me at 830 at night trying to do a phone interview. I miss being able to pay cash for stuff
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Man I hate dealerships. Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine if they ask you for anything more.
    Tom<br />Too many mods for this sig.<br /><a href=\"http://www.l337server.com/Tom/cars.html\" target=\"_blank\">My car\'s site</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.FullThrottleV6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

I LOVE to torture salesman when the opportunity arises!

One of the perks in what I do.

Finance managers suck too!
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

The only time I had any trouble financing a car was when purchasing my current ride. The previous times was no hassle at all. I feel for anyone that has to go through all the trouble to get financing. I was just being stubborn about putting money down... :(
        Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

I have no problem financing cars?? You just need to know how to deal with them. What you should be doing is trying to find financing yourself as well. Are you a member of a credit union?
          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

You shouldn't ever leave the lot with the car unless the financing is all taken care of and you know what you will pay. More than likely, you're going to get screwed with your interest rate at this point.
            - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

I always go in with financing in my pocket. Dealerships want to do the financing for you because they get kickbacks from the banks if you make all your payments. When you tell them you will take the car, say OK, thats the price I'll come back with a check. They've always been more than eager to keep me there and do the financing and on the last two cars Ive negotiated for and theyve beat the financing I came in there with....which was incredibly low to begin with. It actually suprised me that they could do it. But let them know you have options and they have to fight to do your financing. Once they say they can do something, hold them to it. It doesnt matter to me if they have to pay the difference every month if rate goes up .25%. And everything should always be said and done before they take the plates off your old vehicle... theyve tried to rush that on me before. Once they have the plates off and you signed your vehicle over to them, they will put the screw to you and find a reason why they have to up the rates/ payments/ something.
              \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

I will never do a dealer's "in-house' financing again.

Last one I did was through Capital One Auto Finance. I apply for the loan online, when approved, they send me a blank check good for 60 days. When I find what I want, I buy it, write a check, and the loan amount is the amount of the check.

Good luck man, hope it all works out.
                <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X