Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod=Kerplunk

So the engine threw a rod today...

Yeah, right after all the work they did (suspiciously replacing the oil gasket and changing the oil), the $1700 worth of labor and parts towards changing the A/C compressor and various other leaks, they are most likely going to have to put in a brand new engine, or give me a car worth the price i'm paying for it. I've only had the car back for 2 days, after a week and a half absence, and this ****'s got to go down. I found some nice 17" F 18" B Corvette ZR1 wheels too :( . Oh well, maybe i'll get an LS1 out of customer courtesy :D
    Performance: Flowmaster exhaust (3\" chrome angle cutoff tips), Whisper lid, SLP cold air induction, K&N air filter.<br /><br />Visual: 3800 decals, CAMARO inserts, steel billet grille.<br /><br />I NEED VEEEEELS.

they jack your car up, and you're expeting ANYTHING in the way of customer courtesy?????

at least make a nice friendley call to the BBB on your quality vist.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Yeah, I fear that they won't take it so well, but i've got a warranty for the car in general, and a warranty for 6 months of any work that they do. I've only had the car back for 2 days, so the blame is clearly in their hands. I don't know what they did, but it's a knockin', so they can get as mad as they want, i'm still going to get my engine :cool:

I've heard that a lot of auto shops exaggerate little things, to make you pay for something that could last a lot longer. It seems like they were, since most of the problems were "leaks" (rear main seal, oil gasket, pinion in the differential), I guess it was only karma [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      Performance: Flowmaster exhaust (3\" chrome angle cutoff tips), Whisper lid, SLP cold air induction, K&N air filter.<br /><br />Visual: 3800 decals, CAMARO inserts, steel billet grille.<br /><br />I NEED VEEEEELS.

Comment

Is it knocking or did it throw a rod? If it threw a rod you should have a hole in the side of your motor [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

It's just knocking... that I know of. I didn't really hear any big boom that could have caused a hole. I actually drove it for 30 miles when I started hearing the clanking. But from what i've experienced before with this, the engine is still screwed, because I had a Camry that did the same thing, and we junked it. No hole. I'm not for sure though, maybe the engine is still repairable, through not-so-costly means. We'll see monday after they check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Foliage:
            It seems like they were, since most of the problems were "leaks" (rear main seal, oil gasket, pinion in the differential), I guess it was only karma [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            Those are very very common problems for the L36.I put 130k on a leaking rear main seal before I got tired of putting a quart of oil in every 2 weeks, and I never changed the diff seal ever. I probably should have since it leaked, but I figured if I blew the diff, I'd buy LSD.

Sounds like they took you to the cleaners and did a bad job to boot. $100 says they didn't put the rear main or oil pan gaskets on properly and the oil leaked out. Or they forgot to put oil back in the motor.

Edit: I thought you said diff seal [img]redface.gif[/img] If you didnt have any gear whine, you probably didn't need a new pinion gear.

[ August 07, 2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: camaro_speedemon ]
            <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Is there any way to check the rear main seal or oil gasket without removing any parts, or without too much trouble for that matter? I'd imagine it is difficult, seeing as how it took the mechanic 7 hours to put in the gasket. I'll admit i'm not exactly car-literate, and I tried to look up images of what those objects are, but there are a bunch of different images. Does anyone have access to a diagram of where the parts are?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X