Be kind to the door knockers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be kind to the door knockers...

I just got my mission call, and I will be heading to the Denver area ((This also includes southern Wyoming, and Nebraska.)) So for everyone that lives there, please be nice if some guys in black suites knock on your door. I understand that it is annoying for some, but at least try... because it could be me knocking on your door. Anyway, I just thought that I would post it up here, because I am a little confused and bewildered by it all. My girlfriend lives in Salt Lake City, so usually they would have sent me further away, since girlfriends usually try to hunt their guys down. Also, my parents, as well as my girlfriend, will be travelling through my mission area at least a few times a year. I don't know... while I filled out my forms saying that I didn't care if I was sent foreign or not, I kinda had my hopes up... I just kinda feel like I have been crushed down a little, ya'know? Maybe that is why I need to go to Colorado for my mission? Humility is something I've yet to learn.

-Justin
    <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

I had a friend that went to Venzula for 2 years on a missionary. He has some cool stories from there... he got stabbed and robbed a couple times too. Have fun! Colorado is a pretty fun place. When do you leave?

Comment

Do you mind if I ask what religon this is?
      <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

Jahovas (sp?) witness? We pull the blinds and hide when we see guys in white shirts and ties walking down the street.
        RedlineVSix

Comment

Probably Mormon.. thats what my friend is, and theyre kinda known as door knockers, with all due respect.

Comment

I leave August 18th, and I am very excited about it. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, also known as Mormons. Yes, my church is known as the door knockers. Jehovah's witness, the only other that does, has about 1/15th the missionaries of my church, give or take. 95fbirdkid, that is fine, I use to do that same thing. I don't ask that you all let me in and talk about religion and get baptised, but no gun-waving would be nice. =) Is anyone on this board from the area I might be in?

-Justin
            <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

jehovas witnesses are very respectable. i would feelbetter about them coming too my house when i was alone then some jackass selling clocks. or something else shady.

btw, my wife and family are jehovas witnesses. i show them total respect for what they believe in and what they do. and i respect that they try too bring there beliefs too others.
              boost, you got it???

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Kirkham:
                Humility is something I've yet to learn.
                I'm sure we can find something to laugh at you for. How much of a lesson do you want [img]smile.gif[/img]

on a serious note, my best friend is mormon. She told me that you cant just go door to door. you have to be referred.

I've never understood why most mormons go to Utah. Doesnt seem like that cool of a place. And its close to the city of sin?!?!? I've been there, now Vegas.. thats a city, boy!

Comment

i feel sorry for the people who knock on my door
                  Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
                    people who knock on doors in general? or just ones who knock on your door and meet you? ;)
                    RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
                      people who knock on doors in general? or just ones who knock on your door and meet you? ;) </font>[/QUOTE]both, ask those freakin girl scouts who tried to sell me cookies
                      Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by MrCoffee:

I've never understood why most mormons go to Utah. Doesnt seem like that cool of a place.
                        Visit it sometime. Utah has some of the most amazing national parks that you'll ever see. It's no wonder they wanted to settle there.
                        ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

I like trees. As for the mormon thing, I'm not into it, but it's not my life. Good luck with it though. it's much better than going around killing people. I bet Colorado is lots safer than central america, and I doubt you will get stabbed.
                          2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

I've been brought up in the Mormon religion. I was born in Salt Lake City. Utah is only about 45% mormon now, and it is still dropping. I would love to live in Utah for all the outdoor activities. I like it here in Cali better though.

Congrats Justin... How old are you?

I never went on a mission, I kinda stopped goin to church when I was about 18.
                            CaLi<br />-=|Sinister Six|=-<br /><a href=\"http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=756425\" target=\"_blank\">1999 Chevy Camaro Pewter</a><br />Have you ever wanted to know what happens<br />to a 3.8l v6 when you are doing 90mph in <br />2nd gear at 6000 rpm? pics to come soon...

Comment

Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
                              people who knock on doors in general? or just ones who knock on your door and meet you? ;) </font>[/QUOTE]both, ask those freakin girl scouts who tried to sell me cookies </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                              1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X