Is this real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this real?

I was mesing around in some other forums, and found a link to a car security site. Ravelco Anti Theft Device Well, after looking at their site for awhile, and reading into the system, it seemed kinda cool. At that time, the only thing that seemed weird to me was that it has the Mexican Insurance seal of approval (where they tested it). I emailed them for more information, and was sent this:

Unfortunately, RAVELCO is without a Dealer or Distributor in your area. Until we can establish a reputable representative there (and we're working at it very diligently), you can buy a RAVELCO Anti Theft Device directly from us, the manufacturer and have it installed by your own local auto dealer or mechanic shop (cost of installation approximately $50). Most any mechanic can install the RAVELCO without the need of any special tools.

We would like to stress four important points:

1. When you buy directly from the factory, you have an opportunity to have your RAVELCO installed whenever and wherever you wish. (Your convenience -- and safety -- are our primary concern.)

2. To date, no vehicle protected by the RAVELCO has EVER been stolen, and the product has been on the market for 28 years.

3. Your insurance company will discount your auto insurance premiums once you advise them that your vehicle is protected by the RAVELCO.

4. The RAVELCO is guaranteed for life.

Sorry we do not accept Credit Cards.

If you would like for us to ship a RAVELCO Anti Theft Device to you send $159.95 US Dollars (If you are outside the USA please add $20.00 for shipping) in a:

Cashier's Check, Money Order (will ship the next day) or
    Personal Check (will ship in one week) to:

RAVELCO Anti Theft Device
    6920 Oak Knoll Drive
    Richmond, Texas 77469-8660

281 341-6222

Be sure to include the year and type of vehicle it will be installed in so we can send you the proper installation instructions.

Truth is, auto theft is devastating. Just ask anyone who has had their vehicle stolen. You don't want to be kicking yourself and saying, "I should have gotten a RAVELCO!"

Sincerely,

Dave Atkinson
    www.ravelco.com

They've been in business for 28 years and still don't take credit cards? Oh well. If it's legit, for that price, I'm getting one when I get back to the states
    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

don't accept credit cards eh... lol fly by night

Comment

scam..... no one who has sold "3.5 million installations worldwide" would not accept credit cards....

btw that adds up to
      $559,825,000

Comment

Cool idea...but I assume one coudl bypass that the same way you bypass the normal ignition.

But its a theft deterrent, more of those you have mroe likely a thief will try a different car.

Comment

Sounds like a scam to me.

Comment

Anyone know how to find out how long a company's been around (i.e. BBB or otherwise?) Maybe that could let us know if they're lying about how long they've been in existance, or if they're fly-by-night?
            Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Been in Business for over 28 Years, sold 3.5 Million units and yet

1. Don't take Credit Cards
              2. Don't have a dealer/distributor in your area
              3. Tested outside USA

Come on, this sounds a little suspect to me.
              96 Teal Firebird<br />Colchester, Essex, UK<br /><a href=\"http://www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk\" target=\"_blank\">www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk</a>

Comment

Yep, that's what I was thinking. I might look into calling that Chevy dealership when I gt back though, and see what they have to say. For a product that good, you'd think they'd have a better website and advertising. I think I'll just stick to getting window armor when I get home
                2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X