Holly Cow!! Houses in Calif. are over half a million - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holly Cow!! Houses in Calif. are over half a million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holly Cow!! Houses in Calif. are over half a million

Not that I'm ready to buy one but every time I pass by this new track housing residential area the advertising say, "Houses for as low as 500,000" it just keep going up and up. Before it use to say, as low as 200,000. So my wife and I checked it out and it was 550,000, 575,000 and 595,000. These are 3 to 4 bedroom houses with 2 1/2 to 3 bath, 2-3 car garage, single story and double story and so on.

They are not that big and it doesn't seem worth that price either. Basically the scenery is nice and nothing else.

If our household income were 80k, we still could not afford it.

It really made me think of ditching Calif. and saying hello to Oregon or Washington state. I'm just waiting for my wife's job to tranfer her to Oregon or Washington. We'll see, but definately thinking about it.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Dude,buy a beater and commute from a cheaper place. Way too expensive to live in San Angeles. :D
    95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

wow... Texas you see signs for houses starting at 100K. 200-300K will get you a nice 2 story 4 bedroom house in the suburbs of Houston.

Comment

I don't know what area you're from Thor, but over here in Irvine, right before the 405 turns into the 5 by the Irvine Spectum, I was looking at apartments with a friend and saw a housing community across the street.
        I asked the guy about them and he says they were 1500-1700 sq. ft. houses going for 675,000 and up... Irvine is rediculous..
        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

When I lived in california (a year ago) my parents bought the house they lived in for four years for $310,000 and in 4 years it went up to $650,000 final selling price. I think it's worth over 700,000 now.
          2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
          Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Oo- Virginia prices are decent, I guess. $250k gets u a really nice 2 story, 4 bed, 3 bath house. Where I live is a perfect location- It's right between DC (50 miles) and Richmond (50 miles), So it's pretty easy to find a job! The mountains are an hour away and so is the ocean. Really nice location I think ;) The weather isnt as bad as it could be either.
            96 Camaro, V6, A4, T-Tops, Teal<br />Stock...(For now atleast.)

Comment

Orlando is rought with prices too...

my girlfriend's parents bought her a townhouse... 3 bed 3 bath 2 car garage I think it was 1700 sq ft... total cost is like $178,000. Same townhouse 3 years ago was $100,000

Comment

Here in my neighbor hood houses are going for about 140s. This is in NW houston Tx

Comment

Most homes in my area are going for ~100k and lower. Then again I do live in one of the poorer areas of the country. Southern Ohio isn't exactly a booming economic region.
                  Real Estate is a huge money maker. I'm dumping nearly 60% of my portfolio by years end into real estate near a local college here in town. These homes sell for 20-35k now, but as the college developes they raise in value significantly.
                  1998 A4 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Oh yeah

I live in North Miami Beach now... my parents just bought two new apts at $800,000 a piece.... what a bargain. Both a little under 3,000 sq ft too... at least they're on the water.
                    Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Originally posted by Skapimp:
                      Oh yeah

I live in North Miami Beach now... my parents just bought two new apts at $800,000 a piece.... what a bargain. Both a little under 3,000 sq ft too... at least they're on the water.
                      3,000 sq ft apartments [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
                      <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Ya California is a joke. My family really bit the bullet as far as houses. Parents got divorced in 97 when the house market was very low. We had a big 2 story house that they payed about $170,000 in 1989. Ended up selling it for BELOW what they bought it for, like $160,000 or so. Now, it's worth like....atleast $400,000 [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]

Comment

My god. You can build a sweet house on a 40 acre spread for around $250,000 that wouldn't go for less than $1.5M out in cali.

Prices out there are ridiculous.
                          2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Skapimp:
                            Oh yeah

3,000 sq ft apartments [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]www.oceanthree.com &lt;-- live now
                            www.oceanfour.com &lt;-- bought two in there... an A model and another.. don't remember.

Real-Estate over here climbs so fast... so far off the two we bought, we can sell now and it'll be around $350,000 in profit I think... not bad for 6 months.

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

My parents house doubled in value in the last three years. And I live less than a 1/4 mile from the beach in Sourth Orange County. Everything is expencive around here.They are about to take there money and run....to oregon.

They are waiting until I graduate college, before they move, because I would be forced to find a place to live here and pay very expencive rent.
                              Cardomain

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X