What happens when ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when ....

... you put a bag of popcorn in the microwave up-side-down? I mean, they make a big deal out of it ... I'm curious ...

I believe it burns
    2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

try it, I am anxious to see too.
      New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
      RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
      crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
      The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

this is the third board I've asked ... along with all the people here at work ... I'm just looking for someone who knows the answer. :D

Comment

Your corn will implode rather than explode? lol
          <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

hmmm... let me find a bag of pop corn and I'll let you know, courtesy of radford university's lounge microwaves [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ooo - then someone try it sideways. I decided to skip my lunch time popcorn today in favor of a small Twix. --- Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Pathogen:
                I decided to skip my lunch time popcorn today in favor of a small Twix.
                Carbs. [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

Comment

and? :pistashio:

Comment

It's just another way that the industry controls us. They're conditioning us to do everything they say (how many of you really HAVE cooked popcord upside down?), and some time in the future, are going to make us their slaves! :eek: I think it just doesn't completly pop though, because of the way the kernals and hardend oil is processed and put in the bag, plus the one side of the bag is thicker, for the oil and heat
                    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by majeskyb:
                      It's just another way that the industry controls us. They're conditioning us to do everything they say (how many of you really HAVE cooked popcord upside down?), and some time in the future, are going to make us their slaves!
                      [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
                      -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

well the one time it did it does not pop, and the seeds just burn, that thick side of the bag has stuff in it to reflect the mircowaves (i **think** there alpha waves) back at the kernals, if you put it in upside down it reflects the waves away from them, so really the inside just gets really hot and burns the kenel from the out side in.
                        www.turbov6camaro.com
                        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

the microwave uses electromagnetic (radio) waves (i believe its up in the gigahertz range).

if you stick metal in a microwave, it readily absorbs the energy as well (it acts like an antenna). it tends to get very hot. try microwaving a cd (thin aluminum film). more interesting, put a light bulb in a glass, completely covering the base of the bulb (the metal part) with water. the bulb will illuminate since the filament gets red hot.

Comment

I thought they told you to put it in the microwave that way because of how the bag is folded. It won't expand/open properly if it's upside down....so your popcorn would end up burning?!?
                            2002 Camaro Y87<br />1967 VW Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by chas:
                              try microwaving a cd (thin aluminum film). more interesting, put a light bulb in a glass, completely covering the base of the bulb (the metal part) with water. the bulb will illuminate since the filament gets red hot.
                              Yeah, if you ever are bored, I highly recommend the CD trick. It provides excellent entertainment for a full 5-seconds as it erupts into a swirl of lightning [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
                              AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X