Just a scary thought: next F-Body made in China? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a scary thought: next F-Body made in China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a scary thought: next F-Body made in China?

GM will never fail to amaze me in the global market with their wisdom of manufacturing cars in other parts of the world but... what if the next F-Body will be imported from Shanghai,China? This article http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_s.asp?StoryId=93460 caused my head to spin with bad ideas but I'm damn sure the average Chinese consumer in a few years will want to try a new Camaro or Firebird. Think about it, this new plant in Shanghai will save GM millions in manufacturing costs and there is the potential for them beancounters in Detroit to figure out why the hell not. If the GTO is Australian and we pretty much eliminated Canadian plants then IMO this could happen. Not to start a scare but it's just interesting to me the new Buicks and Cadillac is reportedly being produced there now. Somebody wake me up already lol!

[ May 28, 2005, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: 96RS Alex ]
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

I dont see an article on that link. But I might just have to become a Ford guy if that kinda stuff started to happen..... :rolleyes:
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I could be wrong, but don't they just make cars for China? I mean, they don't make them there then import them over here.
      2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
      Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Link is working now. Anything's possible these days when American corporations start downsizing, relocating and outsourcing to tap in the 3rd largest global economic community. Greed is still in power and to make money by using chinese workers laboring to make a Buick or Caddy at a fraction of what it takes to manufacture a car in the U.S.A. I have to rethink my stock of GM shares next week but this could be a financial move to keep GM #1 in the Big 3 as well. I'm sure other non-vehicle industries are jumping to the East to capture endless amounts of profit there too. I need to start a business lol hmm.
        Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Originally posted by 96RS Alex:
          Greed is still in power and to make money by using chinese workers laboring to make a Buick or Caddy at a fraction of what it takes to manufacture a car in the U.S.A. I have to rethink my stock of GM shares next week but this could be a financial move to keep GM #1 in the Big 3 as well. I'm sure other non-vehicle industries are jumping to the East to capture endless amounts of profit there too.
          Yes, profit is important, but companies in Emerging Markets, as they are called, are getting the work also because thay can make it right and deliver on time. The arrogance of some USA manufacturers is amazing. They make it wrong so the part doesn't fit, deliver it late and then refuse to ship anything to us because we charge them back for the crap they sent us!!

No, USA manufacturers are doing to themselves. I'll continue to recommend we give our work to the best manufacturers, even if that means giving most of it to overseas manufacturers.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

i wouldnt buy it..... I dont buy domestic cars because they are "better".. I buy them cuz I dont want to support another country taking jobs from here....

even though domestic cars are better [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

I think it's impossible to buy a truly domestic car. You think you can do that with GM. Guess where your F-body was made. I'll give you a hint. It wasn't the USA. Think big maple leaf.

I think your getting more of an American car buying a camry than a lot of GM products.

Comment

I think it's impossible to buy a truly domestic car. You think you can do that with GM. Guess where your F-body was made. I'll give you a hint. It wasn't the USA. Think big maple leaf.
                exactly, I have a car from 2 of the top 3 domestic manufacturers. my GM was built in Austrailia and my D.C. was built in mexico.
                RedlineVSix

Comment

Eh, GM will screw it up
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

i heard GM took a 5.5 billion dollar loss just on medicare alone. their sales seem to be down and dodge and ford seem to be taking over in sales. gm doesnt have much prestige and class except the caddy and that is what is selling cars these days.

gm needs to make a classy, fast, musclecar and a redesigned exterior of their truck. i will buy chevy because i know their engine technology and love it, but the looks and comfort of the ford and dodge surpass chevy bigtime. i mean the new fords have a power sliding rear window. how cool is that?!!!
                    96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

gm's new trucks are schedualed for an '07 release i belive [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] its about time, the last major redesign was '94 or '95
                      RedlineVSix

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X