Anybody who uses supplements might want to check this out - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody who uses supplements might want to check this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody who uses supplements might want to check this out

I just got this e-mail from a website I bought some stuff from:
    Here is what we read on the VPX Website

PROHORMONES BAN MAY BE JUST DAYS AWAY!

No hype, Congress has already voted unanimously to ban all prohormones and prosteroids and reclassify these compounds as Schedule III Anabolic Steroids. The bill has been to the Senate for approval. VPX sources tell us that this bill will rapidly pass through the Senate, as the President is anxious to see this bill become Law!
    For those thinking time still remains, don't be fooled! As many of us already know, Androstenedione has already been outlawed and is considered a banned/controlled substance. Point being, the Federal Government gave ZERO

They always ban the good stuff don't they [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Screw that sissy cheater stuff man, it'll make your heart pop! Do it the real way and just workout harder/more efficiently and eat right. The only thing I take is whey protein cuz I don't eat enough meat during the day to get what I need. Other than that a good multivitamin helps too.
    2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

protein + creatine + glutamine... All you need with a good diet to get huge.
      <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

I just ordered protein bars and something else for my friend from that site, but they sent me that e-mail about the ban [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        I actually don't take anything at all anymore.. in HS I took some stuf that got banned very quickly, but damn did that stuff work LOL
        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Sort of what Brett said.

Protein + creatine + HARD WORK.

Prohormones are for sissies that literally don't have big enough balls to produce all the testosterone they need and then some.

Though I don't agree with Big Brother banning any supplement, prohormones are still for wimps so I don't mind much...

Comment

HR 3866, which has to do with banning steroids, was debated briefly today and a lot of yesterday I believe. It has not been voted on as of yet.
            If the text is discussing this bill, it may be getting the "unanimous vote in favor" confused with unanimous consent...which was come to today to reject a senate ammendment and form a joint committee about the bill.

Comment

i'm starting whey soon
              ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
                Though I don't agree with Big Brother banning any supplement, prohormones are still for wimps so I don't mind much...
                That is how I see it...
                If people want to abuse their bodies, go for it... it's not like they are legalizing crack or something, people just use it for working out (as far as I know). Body builders do worse things to themselves when they go into pre-show routines..

I think the stuff is worth a try though. The stuff I took in high school was called "Ultimate Orange" I think.. it was like a really strong creatine sort of. That crap worked awesome, but I think it was banned as a steroid. It is amazing the type of workout out you get with supplements and not taaking anthing at all... I still don't take anything though [img]tongue.gif[/img] I have noticed gains too.

Comment

prohoromones are for pussies.......everyone can say that until they meet someone thats on them hardcore for a while, and realize how much bigger that person is than them.

basically it comes down to this:

some people like lifting. its their hobby, and just like modding cars, you catch the bug and want to see how big you can get. 'cheating?' not really, just aiding.

calling using suppliments is like calling modding your car cheating. and in that case, mustangeater is the only person on here who is legit.

its just a different context. one is cars, the other is your body. deal with it.

Comment

Anything hormone related is not a supplement. There is a difference and there is a reason they are being banned.

Regular supplements like protein, carnitine, creatine, etc. have no ill side effects when you get off them.

Prohormones and direct hormone therapy, however, do. When your body gets used to having a bunch of extra raw material around from which to build testosterone it will become dependent on them. Likewise, if you inject steroids directly your body will stop producing them, or at least slow down considerably. When you go off prohormones your testosterone level DIES for quite some time before your body adjusts. There have been reports of this never happening, too--i.e. your body never gets used to producing testosterone on your own again.

Prohormones have the ability to literally take your manhood away and make you stop producing testosterone. Why the HELL would you want to get anywhere near them? People are willing to risk that just to bench 15 more lbs?

And don't say "oh but its safe, I use them". I've heard a lot of steriod users say the same thing... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ian:
                    prohoromones are for pussies.......everyone can say that until they meet someone thats on them hardcore for a while, and realize how much bigger that person is than them.
                    Using your logic, we should all legalize and use steroids and growth hormone too. No thank you.

I say again, anyone who needs to use chemicals to increase their testosterone levels in order to get big doesn't have enough testosterone to begin with. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Regarding the car mods analogy, a better comparison would be hormone therapy being the equivalent of 150-hp shots of nitrous on a stock block. You could use it and maybe get away with it for a while but you're playing with fire and when you get burned its going to hurt. I'll do it right--and do it safe, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
                      The stuff I took in high school was called "Ultimate Orange" I think.. it was like a really strong creatine sort of. That crap worked awesome, but I think it was banned as a steroid.
                      Ultimate Orange was just a very potent metabolic stimulant. It contained no growth factors. You got better workouts because you were wired with energy and could do more reps at higher speed. The main active ingredients were ephedrine (now banned not for health reasons but because of politics) and caffeine.

Comment

My post above about prohormones assumes they actually work as directed, which itself is also very questionable.

The idea with prohormones is that even though taking steroids is illegal, taking steroid and testosterone precursors is not. Your body, then, only has one chemical step to turn the prohormone into an active testosterone.

Unfortunately for prohormone fans, its not that easy. Your body is smarter than that.

Your body is stubborn and metabolically it is very lazy. When it comes to chemical synthesis it takes the easy way out. It only produces certain amounts of chemicals regardless of what you want it to produce.

Let's say your individual body produces 10 mg of testosterone per day (pulling a number out of thin air as an example). Your body will do what it can to produce 10 mg, which means converting cholesterol molecules which are the ultimate steroid precursors. The only reason you would be producing 8 mg or 9 mg instead of the 10 mg that your body wants to produce is if you are malnourished or have some sort of testosterone production problem.

This is where the idea of prohormones was born. For people with problems producing the proper amount of a hormone, a prohormone gives your body the ability to produce them as it needs to.

BUT...

For perfectly healthy people who are already producing the testosterone your body needs, there will be no effect. Its like filling your gas tank past the full mark--eventually it just squirts out and lands on the ground. You could eat a 10 lb bucket of testosterone precursors and your body would not produce anymore.

So do prohormones work? Arguable. If you do have a testosterone-producing problem then yes. But in that case they should be prescribed by a doctor. If you are healthy and athletic, using them to "boost" your testosterone levels as stated on those pill manufacturer labels is BS. It is arguable if it even does boost your testosterone levels beyond normal, and even so, your body will adapt to them and become dependent on them.

There are other, better, safer, proven supplements out there. Prohormones are a joke and a scam. Good riddance if they are banned.

Comment

First of all, I'd like to say that I have plenty of testosterone to go around... but
                          Stefan - is it ok to laugh at someone w/ a birth defect like calling them a pussy if they dont produce enough testosterone.
                          This board has repeatedly not tolerated flaming of this sort from its members... we're not allowed to call fat chicks fat, call people horses even if they look like them, or call naptown fat and stupid...
                          or call badazzrs a retard...

I mean these people cant help it if they were born that way.

*disclaimer* I fully am in support of making fun of peoples' natural inferiorities... but the board doesnt seem to consistant these days.

Comment

My gosh.... Prohormones are for pussies? I thought more of you than that Stefan. Some people have found them useful, I personally don't have the time or money to waste on them, and the gains from using them are marginal at best. But I wouldn't use a statement like that in reference to them. I usually tell them to do a little more research before trying them.
                            2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli:
                              First of all, I'd like to say that I have plenty of testosterone to go around... but
                              Stefan - is it ok to laugh at someone w/ a birth defect like calling them a pussy if they dont produce enough testosterone.
                              This board has repeatedly not tolerated flaming of this sort from its members... we're not allowed to call fat chicks fat, call people horses even if they look like them, or call naptown fat and stupid...
                              or call badazzrs a retard...

I mean these people cant help it if they were born that way.

*disclaimer* I fully am in support of making fun of peoples' natural inferiorities... but the board doesnt seem to consistant these days.
                              [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Stefan - what would you say about that stuff they inject in their arms? The gel or fat or whatever they inject where they want to build muscle, would you consider that cheating or just making it easier to target the places you want to see gains?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X