Some advice needed guys/gals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice needed guys/gals

Ok next year I'm gonna be starting college (CVCC) and later on to Va. Tech. Well college is very expensive, my parents will help a little but they are gonna make me pay for the college myself (I'm not complaining). Well I'm afraid that during college im not gonna be abale to afford Sandy (car). So you guys think I should sell my bird and get a cheaper alt? The only thing wrong with selling the car is that it was a gift from my grandparents that bought it and drove it for 3 years untill they could no longer get in and out of it very well so I kind of took it off their hands. It would be kind of a slap in the face to sell it and get another car. Do you think I should talk with my grandparens and reason with them? If I get another car it will most likly be a Gran Am 99+. So know that I'm done explaining any suggestions?

Thank guys. -Bob-

Oh and would a 99+ Grand Am GT be any cheaper than my bird with insurance or not? (I'm 17 with a clean record)
    I speak the truth, I say what other don\'t say.<br />I am a ***.

I would talk to your grandparents about it, even though it is you r car now. What would be wrong with a third gen v6, until you graduated? Or another '80s car, that isn't too ugly. My rx-7 is about $30 a month for full coverage, and I'm sure you can find something that you can afford. Good luck with your decision though!
    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

is the car paid off or what??? how much is payment is not, and what is insurance????
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
        is the car paid off or what??? how much is payment is not, and what is insurance????
        Sorry probaly should've put this in my original post. The car is paid off, no money owned on it. I's on my rents policy and I'm payin $2200 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsSilverSix:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
          Sorry probaly should've put this in my original post. The car is paid off, no money owned on it. I's on my rents policy and I'm payin $2200 a year. </font>[/QUOTE]your paying too much in my opinion for a guy with a clean record. got the title in your name? look into getting a policy in your name only.
          95 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/</a> <br /><br />me on a good day------&gt; <a href=\"http://communicatio.webblogg.se/images/wet_cat_113159625.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">linky</a>

Comment

IMHO, go to UVA not VT [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]
            as for the car, I think you should keep it.
            What do you mean by $2200 for a rents policy?
            New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
            RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
            crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
            The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

rents=Parents.

Comment

keep teh car. store it at rents place w/liability. Get a metro, pinto, or some other cheapdeathtrap & drive that. Multi car, student discount. wurd.
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by BobsSilverSix:
                  rents=Parents.
                  oh [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
                  New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                  RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                  crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                  The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Originally posted by '98 BlackBird:
                    IMHO, go to UVA not VT [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]
                    as for the car, I think you should keep it.
                    What do you mean by $2200 for a rents policy?
                    You definitely DO want to go to Virginia Tech, I love it here, and there's no other experience like Hokie Football games.
                    I'd say keep the car, V6 f-bods dont hold their value well, so you probably wont get a whole lot out of it. I think when I checked insurance b/n the two (also considered a grand am when buying my car) their insurance rates were similar. $2200/yr is quite a lot on your parents insurance. I'd say look around at some other insurance companies, especially if you have a clean record. I was paying that when I first got my car, shopped around some and now pay $1400/yr for full coverage. Also, my car's primary location is listed at VaTech, so yours should be in a similar neighborhood.
                    And once again--VT rocks. that is all.
                    AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The peanut can air intake must live on!!!!!!!

The old guy says, "Don't sell!"

:D
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Yea I probaly keep it as long as I can. My goal was when i got out of college no matter the situation I wanted to buy a Trans Am, might not happen.

Comment

Wow I just got my insurance bill right after I wrote my last responce and guess what...1500. It went down dramaticly. I guess when my dad threatened to leave them they stop screwing us and got me a better deal. Looks like I'm keeping the bird...SWEEEEEEETTTTT! Ok sorry I just got excitied.

Comment

1500? that's how much i owe for 6 months for full coverage under my parent's name. ****...
                            1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Why you people pay that much for full coverage on 10 year old cars ill never know. I got a 96, and its liability and comprehensive all the way, no collision for me.

But anyway, hey, im payin for my school too man, and i can still afford to keep my car no problem. I just work my *** off over the summer at my job, and during school, take a part time POS job to pass time and put cash in your pocket.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X