Might have a new ride...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might have a new ride...

I know you're all going to think I've gone absolutely bonkers, but I maybe trading in the Camaro for a 98 Buick Regal GS. Don't smack me yet, listen to this: powered by the same powerplant as the Pontiac GTP. I didn't know this until this morning, and scheduled a test drive with a Saturn dealership the same day.

I didn't get to get on it too hard (the salesman was an old man, bah) but I had the console showing the boost and actually got about 2 PSI out of it... lol. It does have quite a bit of 'git-up-and-go however, even without boosting. Now I know what I've been missing out on when it comes to the 3800 Series II powerplant.

You see, I have to get a car that's big enough for the family, and comfy enough for the repeated long-distance trips we take. Might as well have a supercharger while we're at it. Get the same mileage as the 'Maro (maybe even better on distance mileage) but I gotta use 'da premium. It all evens out, I get better performance (yes, the Regal weighs 3400-3500 lbs) but there's guys out there running 12.7's @ 103 in the 1/4.

Dual-zone automatic climate control, Heated leather power seats, power everything, Gran Touring suspension package, Traction Control, Performance Shift mode and a huge trunk to store the dead bodies, err, I mean the luggage. Yeah, that's it... :D

Mmmmmm, L67....
    Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

2Psi? Is that what they are at stock? Seems kind of pointless to me.
    2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

More like 8psi, I just didn't get to push the car hard. It has a bypass that only opens past 50% throttle (I think), so I was holding it back. Remember, I was riding with an old guy... ;)
      Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Still has the same heart I say. Go for it. I like those too. But my wife likes the look of the Town and Country.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

go for it. i wouldnt trade in my camaro for it but i plain on buying the GTP after i pay off the camaro
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I love my Camaro, spent 5 hours claying, using Meguiar's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, DC Polish and then topping it all off with the Tech Wax all in a little garage. I have to get rid of it because I'm a family man and can't neglect having a FI powered car and making sure it's big enough to drag the family about no matter where we're going. Notice having a FI powered car is in there first... ;) Anyways, same or better gas mileage, more power, and the family is comfy. It's all win/win.

Comment

Htey are nice... Tell the old guy you want to romp on it to make sure it doesn't have any misfires or stutters under full power.

They are nice cars, at Autoshowinmotion, I think I took one around the track 8-9 times because there was no line for it. CAr had ~200 miles on the odometer and the front wheels were jsut about showing steel belts [img]smile.gif[/img] It was tons of fun!

they are no slouch, and like said they are basically a GTP [img]smile.gif[/img]

It has a thing, that keeps boost low, unless you romp on it to help fuel mileage. There is a way to disable it from what I heard. They can be cool cars [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:

nothins a replacement for the real thing ;)
                Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:
                  2Psi? Is that what they are at stock? Seems kind of pointless to me.
                  yeah umm 2 psi, Ill race you if you want. Mine runs more like 14psi ;) 15.1 ehh, you might still be able to see my tailights,
                  Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MustangEater8251:

nothins a replacement for the real thing ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Don't be mad because you're paying too much for insurance and drive a cop magnet... ;) And it only reported 2 PSI while I was gently merging with traffic... sheesh. lmao

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X