No announcement yet.

Damn nonsmokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the following arguement does not hold water. technically no one was born with religion, this is something that they learn/choose to do. of course if we were to change it to
    Originally posted by TMGSIX:
    you were not born a christian , you became an christian because you are/were weak willed and preferred to be dependent upon God . An employer who doesn't want a heroin addict working for them is no different then one who doesn't want a jesus freak working for them. You ***** about nonreligous people because you are envious of us. We don't let God control our moods, our appetites, our health, or our day-to-day routine. You make excuses for your habit because you can't quit.
    that changes everything doesn't it? that would be protected wouldn't it? yet you choose your religion or lack thereof and its protected.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/fantomfreke\" target=\"_blank\">http://cardomain.com/id/fantomfreke</a> <br />** Bad American **<br /><br />*2000 F150 4x4 off road*<br /><a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/fantomfrekesford\" target=\"_blank\">http://cardomain.com/id/fantomfrekesford</a>

Comment

Originally posted by fantomfreke:
      the following arguement does not hold water. technically no one was born with religion, this is something that they learn/choose to do. of course if we were to change it to </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fantomfreke:
      you were not born a murderer , you became a murderer because you are/were weak willed and preferred to be dependent upon killing others . An employer who doesn't want a heroin addict working for them is no different then one who doesn't want a killer working for them. You ***** about people who dont kill others because you are envious of us. We don't let the desire to kill control our moods, our appetites, our health, or our day-to-day routine. You make excuses for your habit because you can't quit.
      that changes everything doesn't it? that would be protected wouldn't it? yet you choose your religion or lack thereof and its protected. </font>[/QUOTE]You're ridiculous post changed nothing. According to you any choice a person makes should be protected by the government. Religion is not a substance that enters your blood stream and alters your physical and mental well-being, while at the same time harming innocent people around you. I am saying that if it is legal to discriminate against a heroin addict then it is legal to discriminate against a nicotine addict.
      2000 Sebring Silver Z28 M6<br />Jet-hot lt\'s,!cats, Hooker aerochamber,slp cai,mti lid, slp ss hood-spoiler-cme,eibach springs,bmr control arms & relo. brackets,bmr adj. phb,slp sfc\'s & stb,b&m ripper,Z06 wheels, Nitto 555\'s, and much more

Comment

I'll repeat my statement, despite retarded laws to the contrary:

Discrimination based on religion, ethnicity, something like that, totally not cool.

Discrimination based on bad CHOSEN habits, no problem with it. I can't see how it is against the law.
        2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:

I'll smoke to that!
          me too
          2004 Dodge Ram QC 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by fantomfreke:
            the following arguement does not hold water. technically no one was born with religion, this is something that they learn/choose to do. of course if we were to change it to </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by TMGSIX:
            you were not born a christian , you became an christian because you are/were weak willed and preferred to be dependent upon God . An employer who doesn't want a heroin addict working for them is no different then one who doesn't want a jesus freak working for them. You ***** about nonreligous people because you are envious of us. We don't let God control our moods, our appetites, our health, or our day-to-day routine. You make excuses for your habit because you can't quit.
            that changes everything doesn't it? that would be protected wouldn't it? yet you choose your religion or lack thereof and its protected. </font>[/QUOTE]I can see it now....."Boss, I'm gonna go take a religion break. Be back in 15."

You're just being retarded, anything can be put in that sentence which will land it in the unprotected or protected class, ie. weed, male, poor, and so on.
            <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

If I owned my own business and had an employee who continually took "smoke breaks" for 15 minutes every hour, do you think I'd want to keep him around as opposed to an employee who takes breaks as authorized and I got more for my money's worth in that individual's pay? My honest fix for that problem would be to dock pay for the time that employee took breaks (outside of what's authorized by state law).
              Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

back when I stocked the shelves at the local food lion the crew worked as a team. Everyone had designated aisles to start they're work on but nobody left until the whole truck was put up. We had a guy who after every 'u-boat' brought back from the floor he would take a smoke break.
                why should I have to pick up his work because he's addicted to something. In my opinion that impares his work abilities just as much as coming in drunk, and nobody can get away with that.

I'm in college. its the social thing to smoke. seems like over half the student body are smokers. walking to class at 8am, I shouldnt have to put up with clouds of tobacco smoke when I walk past, or the stream of smoke trails when I'm walking behind someone. now I know all this has to deal with hbeing a curtious smoker, and from experience I know personally Stefan is. But because we're using the term 'Courteous smoker' should imply, to anyone with common sense that there would be such a thing as a rude smokers (not intentially, but who actively thinks about the well-being of others?).

From my experiences, if I were an employer I think that an ideal employee would be any hard working individual, that would do the work fast and efficiently. and IMHO, taking breaks every hour or so is not efficient use of time and resources.

Comment

just to clarify, I do not hate smokers, didnt mean to offend, or want to start bashing them or anything along those lines. Right now it is a choice to smoke. but its also a choice not to. so someone's choice to smoke shouldnt affect anothers choice not to.

back in the day the US found its wealth from growing tobacco. now its a billion dollar industry. do you think that the same industry that saved the colonies will be the death of modern-say civilization? It is such a big deal these days. everything is trying to get you to stop or never start.

Comment

Originally posted by L32Projekt:
                    If I owned my own business and had an employee who continually took "smoke breaks" for 15 minutes every hour, do you think I'd want to keep him around as opposed to an employee who takes breaks as authorized
                    That's my whole point! Lazy employees will be lazy regardless if they're smokers or not. Hard-working employees will be hard-working regardless if they're smokers or not. In that case fire him because he's lazy, not because he's a smoker. There is a difference.

Originally posted by MrCoffee:
                    We had a guy who after every 'u-boat' brought back from the floor he would take a smoke break.
                    why should I have to pick up his work because he's addicted to something.
                    You're right, you should not. Smoking should only be done on official breaks. That guy was a lazy slacker who used smoking as an excuse to take frequent breaks. He made us hard-working smokers look bad.

I know all this has to deal with hbeing a curtious smoker, and from experience I know personally Stefan is.
                    Thank you. I try to keep it away from nonsmokers, or to stand downwind, or whatever. To me that's just common courtesy--maybe I was raised weird; not many other smokers seem to give a damn.

But because we're using the term 'Courteous smoker' should imply, to anyone with common sense that there would be such a thing as a rude smokers
                    Agreed fully, and they make smokers as a whole look bad. I've seen people light up in the line at the movie theater--with their kids, in front of dozens of kids--and not even thinking twice about the fact that there's a 5-year-old behind them coughing. Some people are just self-centered *******s, I suppose. :(

Comment

Lazy employees seem to use smoking as an exuse to take breaks, which singles out most smokers as being lazy and therefore bad workers. Why exactly is this thread aimed at nonsmokers versus companies who don't want to hire smokers.
                      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

It is currently not illegal to discriminate against those who smoke. Sorry, Stefan - there isnt a legal issue. However, if you felt that you were injustly discriminated against - take it to court... but get a lawyer, the 5th Circuit Court of Firebirdv6.com and the Supreme Court of the state of Camarov6.com are hardly the same as the real thing.

I smoke from time to time - but I am respectful of others. I also dont like to be surrounded by ciggarette smoke or the smell of stale cigarrette smoke.

By the way theres an easy way to "filter out" the smokers in an interview... ask them at the end of the interview if you can bum a cig and see what they say ;)

Comment

I love the do-do but tobacco is a no-no! ;)

btw, college station has all restaurants smoke-free, its nice

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X