Need help finding funds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding funds

I have done all the basic bolt-on's to my car that i could possibly do. Now i want to do more but the more I want to do cost lots of money. At this time, im about 3 grand in the hole and i am having trouble finding a loan. I want a loan to get rid of my debt and to finish building my car. If any body knows of any good place to get a loan through or any body that is a banker and might possibly be able to help me out please let me know. If you have any good ideas on how to make 5 grand, im open to just about anything........PLEASE HELP ME......
    Too many mods to list! To see what I have done, check out my car domain website --&gt;<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21</a>

Step 1: Stop doing mods on the car.
    Step 2: Get out of debt
    Step 3: Do mods as you can, without putting yourself in major debt.

If you are putting yourself in debt doing mods on your car, there are other things that should be coming before the mods.
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

All the mods that i have done, i have done my self, and the mods are not cause of my debt. MY debt was caused by my stupid as* way over priced school. I have been paying them the best that i can. But if i can get a loan for 5 grand i can do both. That would be nice.
      Too many mods to list! To see what I have done, check out my car domain website --&gt;<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21</a>

Comment

1. Pay of debt before buying anything more.
        2. Donate plasma!!! Earn up to $180 per month.
        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68:
          1. Pay of debt before buying anything more.
          2. Donate plasma!!! Earn up to $180 per month.
          seriously I have looked into it, its kind of legit... but your more likely to ear ~$40... thats a phone bill.

but pay off the debt before mods, I agree... maybe a few hear and there but focus on the debt first. Car may not have put you there but modding it won't help you get out.

hell I am in debt now, a few hundred for things that really shouldn't be the type of things to put me in debt and I hate the feeling!

Comment

For the ump-tenth time...the mods have nothing to do with my debt. I have only had the car for a year and a couple of months. I have had this debt since 2001 (before the car) its all from school and buying books and that great crap. Being an aviation major aint cheap. The stuff i want to do is just that i want to do..but if i was able to get a loan. It would turn into a reality. That is my point. And this ugly as debt can go bye-bye.

[ June 01, 2004, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Smitty ]

Comment

Do ou think you can qualify to join a credit union? I'm a member of one on my base, and they are great to work with and offer great rates all the time. I think what you're looking for is what's called a signature loan, which is a loan you get based on your credit and doesn't require equity in property/etc. However the rates are a bit higher for the APR. If the rate is lower than what you're curently paying then by all means do it. I may be wrong on some of my info, but I try not to get too involved with getting more credit...
              Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

We understand the reason why you are in debt currently.

But you are looking to go into MORE debt, to do mods.

Go ask your bank for a loan they are the likely ones... If you are still a student you can likely get a decent student loan out of them.

Comment

loan=debt. According to Dave Ramsey you cannot borrow your way out of debt. It takes a complete dedication to getting rid of it. You have to stop ALL unessesary spending, i.e. movies, eating out, etc. You have to put all extra money toward the debt until is is paid.
                  1996 3.8 Firebird with some mods

Comment

3 grand in the hole is nothing to get out of, but like was just stated, you cant do it by borrowing it. once you do, you get a little more than you need to say, mod your car.... now your 5 grand in the hole. now you just make the payments on that 5 grand, but since you dont have spendable income... you put things on credit cards and instead of climbing out of debt you are getting in deeper. It happened to me, Im sure its happened to others on this board. Credit can be your friend.... but more than likely its one that will stab you in the back. If you think you can pay off that 5k loan, put those monthly payments on the 3k that you owe now and it'll be gone soon, then save up and buy the big mods. Trust me... trust all of us saying this.... DO NOT go into more debt to buy toys for your car!!!
                    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

If you need a loan to do mods, you dont need to do mods, thats my theory, take it as you wish
                      RedlineVSix

Comment

How old are you and what do you do for a living?

Comment

I understand what you all are saying. Its not that i am going in to more debt. its giving me more time to pay of my debt in sort-of speak. I will be graduating college next year and im 22 for who was ever wondering. But through college i have been holding a crapy job only making 8 bucks an hour, thats only enough for me to pay bills at the min payment level. With no extra spending money. And as a full time student dosne leave much time to work. So BY getting a laon i will be able to get ride of more than 90% of my debt, pluse have a little extra for my self, while at the same time not have to pay for school any more so it will be alot eaiser to pay back the loan. So i am really givin my self a break. OH and i dont have any credit card's just my bank card. some im not worried about Credit card debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty:
                            I understand what you all are saying. Its not that i am going in to more debt. its giving me more time to pay of my debt in sort-of speak. I will be graduating college next year and im 22 for who was ever wondering. But through college i have been holding a crapy job only making 8 bucks an hour, thats only enough for me to pay bills at the min payment level. With no extra spending money. And as a full time student dosne leave much time to work. So BY getting a laon i will be able to get ride of more than 90% of my debt, pluse have a little extra for my self, while at the same time not have to pay for school any more so it will be alot eaiser to pay back the loan. So i am really givin my self a break. OH and i dont have any credit card's just my bank card. some im not worried about Credit card debt.
                            I think what your trying to say is you want to consoladate all the small payment into one payment. if you do the make sure you cut up the credit cards ofeter you pay them off wit hthe loan

i would go in and talk to the bank, tell the you want to pay all this stuff oss and your car needs some "repairs", and you just want one payment. the will send check to school/CC/wath even and pay them oof and give you the balance, i would take half of what is left over and put it in saving fora rainy day and use the half for your car,
                            www.turbov6camaro.com
                            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

If you are putting yourself in debt doing mods on your car, there are other things that should be coming before the mods.
                              If you need a loan to do mods, you dont need to do mods, thats my theory, take it as you wish
                              **** should have told me that in JAN

$5300 loan for motor rebliud (24months)
                              $2000 loan for rims/tires (18months)
                              $600 on summit credit card (0% for next year, only reason why i have it)
                              and the car loan like 4k left to go, payment $193 but paying $250 month
                              www.turbov6camaro.com
                              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X