When NOT to express dissenting political views. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When NOT to express dissenting political views.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When NOT to express dissenting political views.

Last night i was hanging out with some friends, and some dousche bags. Well, i've known one particular dousche bag since 10th grade and apparently he doesn't like me, because he's talking **** to everybody about me the whole time we're both there. Eventually somebody says something political, and apparently everybody who votes kerry is gay. So i bent over and said "**** me in the *** then, because that beats bush having another term in office. I would sooner vote for a block of wood than that jackhole."

Well, the 2 dousche bags who are friends with the main one just kinda watched in drunken amazement, but the main one started talkin **** immediately. Some of the chicks were talking about how dumb i was for hating bush, and some of them were saying they respected my opinion (the ones i'd discussed politics with before in depth)

It got kinda loud, so i loudly said something about why the hell can't anybody have an opinion or some junk like that and the guy i'd known since 10th grade proceeded to tell me what a stupid **** i was. (lots and lots of alcohol, i'm almost sure this isn't exactly how it happened but it's the best i can do)

So i decide to leave, and good riddance, and here in a minute my phone rings. It's one of the girls, she says they're gone and i should head back over. So i go back over, and they're still there, and i am just straight up like i don't want to get in a fight with 3 angry rednecks. So basically they try to convince me that this one chick hates me, which is absolutely ridiculous because she wouldn't have called and begged me to come back over if she didn't like being around me or something like that.

I wind up leaving, and basically everybody was either ready to hit something or cry. Mission Accomplished lol... oh, btw, all my friends left a little before the politics started up, or somebody would have a few black eyes about now. It isn't that they're talking **** about politics, it's that they're talking ****.

but yet you have too resort too violence?
    boost, you got it???

Comment

dude, you should probably take a second and just chill out - no point in letting politics ruin a good time.

Comment

i dont understand...people hate bush for no logical reason......but Machiavelli is right y ruin a good time?
        2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

Comment

lets not make this into another political thread.

politics tend to come up at social gatherings, whoever started talking **** not relevant to the politics was wrong, but i think you might need to chill too ,i know your pretty adament about your opinions which is good, but i also know you can get pretty heated when someone argues w/ you. just try not to let politics ruin a good time

so basically they try to convince me that this one chick hates me, which is absolutely ridiculous because she wouldn't have called and begged me to come back over if she didn't like being around me or something like that.
          or mabey she called you back b/c they told her to, and she knew they were still there
          RedlineVSix

Comment

I agree that something like politics shouldn't ruin a good time, and that you should stick up for your views and opinions (which is something 98 does all the time and I respect him for it, even if I may not always agree with him) but some times it's best to let some things slide. Just keep the political slugfests here in the forum, and have a good time at the parties! ;)
            Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Originally posted by camarov62003:
              i dont understand...people hate bush for no logical reason......but Machiavelli is right y ruin a good time?
              Didn't you hear?? Bush ruined the paradise Clinton created for us... common knowledge.

Cp

Comment

rofl... naw man, it was all in good fun till the **** talkin started... oh, and i get somewhat belligerent from time to time. Take it from me, i've had tons of drunken political debates with all the people there except the dousche bag, and he just wanted to start something. I was chill, compared to how belligerent i can get from time to time and this is just ridiculous:
                or mabey she called you back b/c they told her to, and she knew they were still there
                i've known this girl forever... anyway...

Comment

Further proves my point.

So you act the same way in person as you do online?

Comment

there are 2 things that should never be argued.........religion and politics.....always messes up a good time
                    2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

Comment

^yeah...

actually, hawgs... i'm generally a lot more laid back. belligerence... alcohol... whatever you're just mad cuz i have friends.

Comment

oh, ttt- i just remembered why i started this thread lol... The moral of the story is don't talk politics when your views don't coincide with those of the guy who's been talking **** about you all night. Because you could easily wind up in a fight.

Comment

Why TTT this thread? I think many people already know when to talk about politics.

Comment

oh, right. And since you know everything, i should listen to your wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by 98v6:
                              oh, right. And since you know everything, i should listen to your wisdom.
                              Thanks for your compliance on this matter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X