How to resovle an eBay issue as a seller? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to resovle an eBay issue as a seller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to resovle an eBay issue as a seller?

I sold an item on eBay, the gentleman that bought it paid via PayPal and I shipped it as I said I would. The gentleman got a little upset because it took me a week for me to get to the post office and ship the item and filed a complaint with PayPal. As soon as I found out he filed a complaint I emailed him and apologized for the delay and shipped the item that day. Went right away and shipped the item. I emailed him back telling him I shipped the item and to be expecting it. A week later I emailed him back following up on it making sure it got to him okay, and I never heard back from him.

This all happened a month ago, I shipped the item on 6/9/04 and I needed to use my PayPal account and noticed he still has a complaint with them open. I emailed him telling him that I have shipped the item a month ago and that the complaint had been settled so I asked he resolve it with PayPal so that I can use my account. Now he is saying he never recieved the item, which is weird because you'd think someone who bought something and didn't have it in a month would have said something but I never heard a word out of him since I shipped it.

My only fault in this I believe is the way I shipped it. The item was small and so I asked the guy at the Post Office to send it as cheap as possible and I believe he sent it regular mail because I did not recieve any tracking numbers.

I think this guy is trying to scam me and get his money back or have me ship another item when he has already recieved his. Does anyone know if there is anyway I can protect myself against this and get my paypal account restored? This is becoming quite annoying, I hate dishonest people.

Isn't it the buyer's responsibility to request shipping insurance/tracking numbers/etc? Seems to me like if you don't have a receipt for the shipment then its your word against his. I think you might come out on top though because he didn't request insurance or whatever.

Have you tried to call Paypal? Their gayasses will probably tell you to resolve it with him.
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

www.paypalsucks.com

Read the horror stories.... I'm afraid that you're probably SOL in this situation man. Sorry to hear it :(
      <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Time to go kick some *** Ross
        Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

It is the buyer's responsibility to purchase the insurance (which is extra on top of the stated and agreed upon shipping cost) and if he didn't purchase it, he's SOL. Of course, whenever I sell anything on EBay, I put disclaimers out the wazoo about who's responsible for what and which conditions need to be met and the consequences. People suck, sorry to hear you got screwed Hawgs.
          Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

If he paid you immediately I would of sent it immediately nobody likes to wait especially when thet're quick to hand over the money. I think he's trying to cheat you out of cash or another item, you should of paid that little bit of extra cash to have a tracking number, but since he didn't purchase insurance though, well, dunno.
            It's a 50/50 chance here. There's a possibility:
            You're fuct! :(
            ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

I avoid this stuff due to hearing sooo many horror stories
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

My only fault in this I believe is the way I shipped it. The item was small and so I asked the guy at the Post Office to send it as cheap as possible and I believe he sent it regular mail because I did not recieve any tracking numbers.
                Yeah, it's a mistake not to get insurance or at least keep a receipt of the item shipped. This happened to me with a converter. I sent it regular freight and it came back to me (luckily) looking like it went through the war. The box was damaged and the shipping address was gone. I didn't keep the receipt and had to re-send it. It was a $40 mistake that cost me $80 altogether. If you kept the receipt, that will help a lot because you can go back to the post office with it and have them investigate.
                2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Now that I think about it.. anything could've happened to it. It may be floating around somewhere without any address on it...that has recently happened with 2 items I have dealt with..one shipped by me and one shipped to me.
                  2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                  1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                  2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                  2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                  2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

My boyfriend just had a bad experience with paypal. They are H O R R I B L E with customer service. They don't care about anyone. They only care about money. ...that is long story short
                    Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

Well this guy is nuts if he thinks he is going to get another item or another a dime out of me... I will fly to California and see him face to face before I do that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X