When was/is Oldsmobile's last production date?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was/is Oldsmobile's last production date??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was/is Oldsmobile's last production date??

Wanna check out some prices on the Bravada, might be very cheap ;)

thx
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Wasn't it suppose to be this year or last year or something?

I think GM might keep them and have the Alero, Aurora, and the Bravada in the market.

Sad though. Remember the Super Duty 455. That was the engine to beat.

I have an article a couple of years ago in how all these creative team were put together to get the Olds. out, but can get creative when GM has its foot down on their throat.

GM is more focus on their main crop right now: Chevy, Caddy, and GMC.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

i think they ended production on most cars in may of 2003...

2003 was the last model year for any olds.

Comment

damn that long ago?? I just rented one this past winter too. Kinda like it, lol.

I think I'll rent a Durango, Expedition, Explorer or whatever other than GM for boarding this coming winter. I've driven the Equinox, Trailblazer, Tahoe, and Suburban. Now I want to try the competition in snow!
        1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Originally posted by F1GT:
          damn that long ago?? I just rented one this past winter too. Kinda like it, lol.

I think I'll rent a Durango, Expedition, Explorer or whatever other than GM for boarding this coming winter. I've driven the Equinox, Trailblazer, Tahoe, and Suburban. Now I want to try the competition in snow!
          What did you think of the Equinox? My dad mentioned getting one to replace the Firebird someday. We have a Trailblazer now, but the Equinox looks like it's a little better on gas. I haven't driven one, but it felt about as big as the Trailblazer in back with the flat floor.
          <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

DETROIT, September 7, 2001 - General Motors announced today that its current plan is to end Oldsmobile production with 2004 models. GM previously announced that Oldsmobile products would continue to be produced and sold until the end of their current product lifecycles, or production would end earlier if market demand fell below economically viable levels. Oldsmobile production has remained unprofitable and, therefore, GM's current planning is to end production with the 2004 models. Here are the current product plans:

Product Current Plans for Models
            Intrigue 2002 – production ends 6/2002*
            Aurora—V6 2002 – production ends 6/2002*
            Aurora—V8 2003 – production ends 5/2003
            Bravada 2004 - production ends 1/2004**
            Silhouette 2004 - production ends 3/2004**
            Alero 2004 - production ends 5/2004**

*As previously announced
            **Note: this detail was added in September 2003

Oldsmobile dealers were told that the Oldsmobile Dealer Agreements would continue with the term of their current agreement unchanged. This announcement gives dealers significant flexibility to best manage their business through this transition. Dealers will be able to continue operations such as selling Oldsmobiles, providing Oldsmobile warranty service, accessing the GM auctions and participating in Goodwrench Service Plus.

In a letter to Oldsmobile dealers, Bill Lovejoy, group vice president, Vehicles Sales Service and Marketing, said "Dealers have been asking for more information about the phase-out of Oldsmobile in order to give them more flexibility. We intend to continue to provide them with timely information about our plans to help them plan their business."

Oldsmobile dealers still have an opportunity to avail themselves of the Transition Financial Assistance Package, which was designed to help them plan and manage an orderly transition of their Oldsmobile business.

Comment

The last date of production was 4/30/2004.

The last Oldsmobile was a red Alero, the undersides of its hood and trunk lid adorned with the signatures of the 4,500 workers at the Lansing Car Assembly plant.
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Hmm i remember the northstar v8 aurora, that thing moved. I saw some guy with one with a cutout and that thing sounded and looked so wrong with loud exhaust.
                Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 02PewterBird:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by F1GT:

What did you think of the Equinox? My dad mentioned getting one to replace the Firebird someday. We have a Trailblazer now, but the Equinox looks like it's a little better on gas. I haven't driven one, but it felt about as big as the Trailblazer in back with the flat floor. </font>[/QUOTE]Felt like I was driving a New Beatle with the view I had lol. Not very strong, but decently quiet. there was a total of 3 peeps in the car. I went up a steep hill too, did ok, but on higher elevations.... The top dash panel and the a pillar trim looks like cheap plastic. power felt like a 4 cylinder. When I floored it there was some torque steering, kinda scary, cuz the steering felt way loose at this point, even though it wasn't that fast. Felt a bit like an econo-car, felt very light. Interior is tall and there was no power seat to boost me up, so I felt a tad on the short side. Sure looks GOOD though lol Tighten up the steering, better plastic on those areas, and put the Honduh motor, or even the GM 3.5 in it and it should be good.

Comment

we have two :( 88 and 89. Gas guage, Cruise Control, Brights broken on both.
                    Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X