LMPerfomance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMPerfomance

Ordered MSD wires. On their site it shows straight boots and nothing would make me believe otherwise. Wrong. They sent 90 degree boots, which simply aren't properly designed wires for 3800!!! So, I try to reach them, but apparently the big boss was on 4 day weekend... ok, so I call back, he's not in the office again, they ask me if I want to leave a msg. I do so and they say they'll call back shortly. Haven't called back yet (I left it yesterday)...

Extremely frustrating. Why couldn't they specify on their site that they would ship 90 degree boots? And why put a diagram of straight boot. Extremely dissatisfied.

doh!

check with www.ftpp.net they usually sell MSDs wires cheaper and will do straight and angled boot.

I dealt with LMperformance a LONG time ago and had no problems.

Comment

The Taylor wires for our cars are 90*... I ordered mine from Angie @ Thunder and they had them here fast. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Perhaps the Lounge isn't the best place for this either.

Comment

Well, how is it possible to install 90 degree wire on 3800 and expect any service life? The wires are basically laying on the block... I'm not trying to burn up 60$ wires in 2 weeks...

Comment

They can't show an exact picture of every version of a product. Just like most other sites, they use stock photos for all MSD wires. That's why it says "May be an image representation."

But it does suck that they won't answer your calls. :(
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

my thoughs 90* are made for the non-tubular manifold cars. And straight boot ideal for tubular manifold cars, to keep them away from the car as much as possible. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
              They can't show an exact picture of every version of a product. Just like most other sites, they use stock photos for all MSD wires. That's why it says "May be an image representation."

But it does suck that they won't answer your calls. :(
              Exactly! That's why there's a DETAILED discription of the product. Which they don't have.

Comment

I have had zero problems with LMPerformance and I have ordered from them more than a few times.

Just miscommunications & assumptions, the boss is probably still not in.
                - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                  my thoughs 90* are made for the non-tubular manifold cars. And straight boot ideal for tubular manifold cars, to keep them away from the car as much as possible. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  Your thoughts are completely wrong. [img]smile.gif[/img]

90* plug wires will work fine. They worked fine on my 99 manifolds, they work fine on my Pacesetter headers, and they work on Hou-Tex-Six's tubular manifolds.

Comment

Originally posted by hawgs:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                    Your thoughts are completely wrong. [img]smile.gif[/img]

90* plug wires will work fine. They worked fine on my 99 manifolds, they work fine on my Pacesetter headers, and they work on Hou-Tex-Six's tubular manifolds.
                    </font>[/QUOTE]Of course they will work they are plug wires...

If I wanted too I good yank plug wires off of a cavalier, and rig them up to work if I wanted.

but you think 90* angled boots are ideal for tubular manifold/Header cars?

Comment

I am quite happy with my 90* boots with my headers. Dont see how strait boots would even work nearly as good.
                      Still sucks that you are not happy with your service. I dealt with LM before and had NO complaints.
                      \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Yes I believe they are ideal. I will take a picture tonight.

Comment

I also like my 90* boots better than the straight ones I used to run.
                          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I've been running angled boots for the 6 years that I've had my '98...

First with stock manifolds, later with CIA headers. They've been good for 13.2 nitrous times and 13.6 blower times. (they are the original stock wires at that) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Leon at LMperformance was always good when I ordered stuff from him. It's been a couple years now though. Maybe things changed, but it sounds like he was just taking a nice break for a few days in the summer...
                            \'98 A4 Camaro v6-&gt;v8 conversion, and STS kit next<br />v6: 13.6 Powerdyne, 13.2 150 shot, 13.8 120 shot, 14.3 85 shot, 15.7 stock<br />v8(na): 12.18@113, 392rwhp<br />Moderator on <a href=\"http://www.mtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.mtfba.org</a> and <a href=\"http://www.frrax.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.frrax.com</a> (Road Race & Autocross)<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/johnduncan10\" target=\"_blank\">Car pics</a>, <a href=\"http://www.trscca.com\" target=\"_blank\">TN Region SCCA</a>

Comment

lmperformance was good when i ordered from them. 90* boots are the only ones i could use on my pacesetters. i couldnt get the stock strait boot on. i like my 90*s. work great
                              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X