Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty

Hello, my warranty is about to expire. There are a few little things I would like to get fixed, AC run loud and the speedometer is a little off. I want them to check out the car to make sure there a no other problems with it. Would you let the dealer check it out, or would you pay a shop to look it over? Thanks for any input.
    2002 Black Camaro<br />A4

I'd pay a trustworthy shop to look it over. The issue is that the dealer gets fixed price reimbursement from GM for warranty repairs. The dealer will only let you know of the things he finds that he knows he can do quickly enough to be profitable. If he finds something he thinks will take longer than the warranty allows, he won't want to let you know about that.

Also, I've found dealer-based repair guys to be much less thorough than a good independent.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Well, free is free. Let the dealer take a look at it. What do you have to lose? Unless you have $4,000 in aftermarket stuff under the hood. Sometimes they like to blame all your problems on the mods.
      \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X