How many of you guys think that Saddam should have stayed in power - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you guys think that Saddam should have stayed in power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you guys think that Saddam should have stayed in power

Lets stay on topic and not stray. You are an American and are entitled to your opinion, and point of view. Let's not flame each other on this.

Just basically vote and state your view and do not attack others' view.

Sounds good [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
    Saddam should stayed in power because he's no threat to us and he is not a terrorist per say.
    98.11%
    Saddam lied multiple times and failed to follow UN resolution, he should go.
    1.89%

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Here's my view. I think he should go. First, he lied too many times. Second, he made weapons of mass destruction and used it on his own people. Third, he had misled UN inspectors in the past. Fourth, he had murdered hundreds of clerics and many thousand of people protesting and uprising against him. Fifth, he hate us from the very start.

So how does this affect us. He's only doing it to his own people. Well, he has sponsored Al-Queeda and provides shelter, training and financial support to them. Plus, he plotted to assasinate Bush senior in 1993. Plus he has been in close association with Iran, Jordan and Syria and back then Afghanistan. Their terrorist are in Iraq ever since, and are now activated to do harm. Countries like them that are hovering terrorist and hates us very much.

Now that's my take. Let's here your constructive view. Hint, I used the word constructive. Don't let this be a Bush, Clinton, Kerry thing now.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

it would be better if there wasnt a war with Iraq.just look how many people died :(

Comment

Originally posted by BiH:
        it would be better if there wasnt a war with Iraq.just look how many people died :(
        not to demean the deaths of 1,000 soldiers, but it's not that bad, compared to other conflicts:

Civil War: 558,052
        World War II: 407,361
        World War I: 116,708
        Vietnam War: 58,393
        Korean War: 36,916
        Mexican War: 13,283
        Revolutionary War: 4,435
        Spanish-American War: 2,446
        War of 1812: 2,260
        Persian Gulf War: 299
        # of people killed in traffic accidents in 2000: 41,804, or about 114 people a day.
        \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

I think Saddam should have been taken out. He was a ruthless dictator who lived in gold palaces while his people lived in poverty. He tortured his country men (the soccer team was severely tortured for losing in the Olympics), gassed the Kurds, broke numerous international laws, etc. He defied UN resolutions. He attempted an assassination of George H.W. Bush.

By all means, he should have been removed from power. Same goes for the Taliban, who's way of thinking would like everyone to go back to the Stone Age. ALL Islamic dictatorships should be removed from power, we can't do that all the time though because there'd be a power vortex and countries would collapse.
          \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

Saddam had to go, definitely. This axis of evil that our president refers to is not just some theory, but the result of many years of UN resolutions against such tyranny disguised as government (like Iraq) that have gone unchecked until these monsters have again surfaced. People like Hitler, Mussolini, Gadafy, and Koumeni bullied thier people until thier power was viewed by everyone within earshot in thier respective nations as absolute. Death and war are facts of life. It is not always necessarily right, just necessary. I grew up during the Viet Nam era. I was preparing for service in college ROTC and experienced the heartbreak of friends coming home in caskets. I saw other friends come back and cope with the aftereffects of war and become alcoholics, drug addicts, and some committed suicide. One thing I know. War IS as they say hell, at least earth's version. But, I also hear the blood of the three thousand good peace-loving people who died on September 11, 2001. It cries for justice. Thier killer has a face. It is the face of terrorismm, hiding behind a Muslim costume. Hussein, BinLaden, these men represent the same thing. They are murders and should be dealt with as such. We are blessed as a nation because we have always come to the aid of those who have less. We were here long before the UN.
            We will be here long after it is gone. We were not founded by the UN. They do not call our shots. The move to remove Saddam was not an autoresponse or kneejerk reaction to 9-11 as much as it was America saying, "you have crossed the line, now its personal".
            \"this isn\'t flying...its falling...with style!\"<br /> -Buzz Lightyear<br /><br /><br /> 96 bright red firebird, T-tops, monsoon CD Flowmaster catback dual exhaust <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/joyfellowship1\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/joyfellowship1</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://www.joyfellowshipchurch.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.joyfellowshipchurch.com</a>

Comment

i also hate how Muslim groups take the war on terrorism as an attack on their culture. They protest airport security, profiling, etc. the problem is, the only people who are trying to attack us are MUSLIMS! it's not like we have a group like the Irish Republican Army attacking us. the terrorists are Arabs. they should shut the hell up.

Comment

Oh, those poor, pitiful Muslims. They are treated so unfairly just because "their culture" runs around blowing themselves up and taking 10 or 12 others with them!! If they want to blow themselves up, that's fine with me, but I wish they would do it at their family reunions. That's why they protest airport security....it costs them more for research and development to come up with something that can pass through a metal detector! lol

I heard someone mention Vietnam. This should illustrate how horrible OUR government is, to send nearly 60,000 Americans to be slaughtered, and for what? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Can I quote Lyndon Johnson? "I will not send American boys eight or ten thousand miles around the world to do a job that Asian boys should be doing for themselves".

But as far as this poll goes, I have mixed feelings about that.....
                2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Originally posted by memphis_raines:
                  Oh, those poor, pitiful Muslims. They are treated so unfairly just because "their culture" runs around blowing themselves up and taking 10 or 12 others with them!! If they want to blow themselves up, that's fine with me, but I wish they would do it at their family reunions. That's why they protest airport security....it costs them more for research and development to come up with something that can pass through a metal detector! lol

I heard someone mention Vietnam. This should illustrate how horrible OUR government is, to send nearly 60,000 Americans to be slaughtered, and for what? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Can I quote Lyndon Johnson? "I will not send American boys eight or ten thousand miles around the world to do a job that Asian boys should be doing for themselves".

hey at least they have some ballz to blow themselves up [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by BiH:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by memphis_raines:

hey at least they have some ballz to blow themselves up [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]And you admire that? If being stupid enough to blow yourself up means you got balls, consider me to be castrated. Having balls is good to a certain extent, but at some point in time BRAINS have to come into play also, which is obviously a foreign concept to these people.
                    2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

no, he shouldnt be.
                      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Well, in my opinion… he should still be there

I mean, sure he lied. We all lie. Bush Jr. lied. Remember how Iraq had WMD in stock piles laying around the country? You don’t? Maybe it’s because we didn’t find any, or maybe they just didn’t have any…hmm...Anyways, sure he tried to assassinate Bush Sr. So what? We beat the living hell out of his country twice. So, like I said, Bush Jr. decides to get on his father’s band wagon and jump Iraq for ‘WMD and Al-queda’ (sp?). We didn’t find ****. Nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch. So what are we going to do now? They hate us. The rest of the planet hates us, save like 2 dinky countries. So what’s the plan now? We put like a whole bunch of our own men in a country that nobody likes, so they can sit. Too many have died already. I mean, of course in war there’s going to be loss. But this war is pointless. ---&gt;We should be finding and beating on the people who caused 9/11. &lt;--- Bush is taking our country to see though with his family vendetta. Were just sitting there, getting our people killed, while OPEC cranks up oil prices. We are not the world’s police. We are not the Swat team of the planet. No one told us how to fight our civil war. No one came in a stopped the south from getting themselves owned... No one came in and captured Lincoln. This wasn't our problem. No matter what, he’s still just the president of a sandbox. I mean, we have too many problems in our country as it is. We don’t need to be worrying about what Germany said, why French people don't bathe or whose coming to the next NATO convention. I mean, lo and behold unto ye sinners that we take care of our country first. Our economy sucks, the job market sucks, and we still have homeless, jobless… But I guess that didn’t happen because that would have been the smart thing to do.

Sorry for the rant… I just kind of got going and didn’t stop, i dont mean to flame or piss people off or start a war. just stating my opinion on this
                        99 WS6
                        13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
                        tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Larry Roques:
                          Saddam had to go, definitely. This axis of evil that our president refers to is not just some theory, but the result of many years of UN resolutions against such tyranny disguised as government (like Iraq) that have gone unchecked until these monsters have again surfaced. People like Hitler, Mussolini, Gadafy, and Koumeni bullied thier people until thier power was viewed by everyone within earshot in thier respective nations as absolute. Death and war are facts of life. It is not always necessarily right, just necessary. I grew up during the Viet Nam era. I was preparing for service in college ROTC and experienced the heartbreak of friends coming home in caskets. I saw other friends come back and cope with the aftereffects of war and become alcoholics, drug addicts, and some committed suicide. One thing I know. War IS as they say hell, at least earth's version. But, I also hear the blood of the three thousand good peace-loving people who died on September 11, 2001. It cries for justice. Thier killer has a face. It is the face of terrorismm, hiding behind a Muslim costume. Hussein, BinLaden, these men represent the same thing. They are murders and should be dealt with as such. We are blessed as a nation because we have always come to the aid of those who have less. We were here long before the UN.
                          We will be here long after it is gone. We were not founded by the UN. They do not call our shots. The move to remove Saddam was not an autoresponse or kneejerk reaction to 9-11 as much as it was America saying, "you have crossed the line, now its personal".
                          Well said Larry.
                          WWW<br />Certified Collision Repair and Refinishing Technition<br />1997 3.8l Y87 Camaro \"Layla\"<br />2000 Mustang GT

Comment

Hitler was an excellent leader... no one can really argue that, he just used his power in horrible ways. He didn't use any physical power to rise through Germany, he used democratic means. He then also convinced a whole country to believe something that wasn't true, and then fight/die for it. His blitzkreig tactics were almost unstoppable, he knew no one could survive an attack on two fronts, and well, that was ultimately what stopped him.
                            2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
                            Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

All the Iraqi's I talked with, not that many though, are glad Saddams gone.

Caint argue w/that.
                              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                              94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X