Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a laptop!

http://www.wegenermedia.com/tit800.htm#
    Bought it from the link above- I picked up the 1Ghz titanium. Should be ariving sometime next week. Also picked up a Targus urban messenger bag (black w/ orange interior). Getting some more ram next week, and a superdrive for it when I get back from Vegas in May. Boy, am I excited! :D
    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

damn , what an Admin suck up!!!!! [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

enjoy, :cool:
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Huh? You confuse me. So what if I love my Macs ;)
      2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

so, you wanna be swinging from Steve's knutsak huh? [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
          so, you wanna be swinging from Steve's knutsak huh? [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          OSX &gt; Winblows
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

I never use a Mac before............don't know anything about them

is 1GHZ good??? how easy is it to use?
            2004 SRT4<br />2006 Mercedes ML350<br />1988 IROC - Supercharged and stuff

Comment

wow, those are really cheap, but if it were me i would get one of the new intel ones, those are really niiiice, and over twice as expensive [img]smile.gif[/img] have fun with it though

Comment

Originally posted by misterjuice:

OSX is easy as hell to learn. I personaly perfer it over XP.

I know the G4 is really old technology though.
                <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Yea I run a 1.67 ghz g4 in my powerbook and its not that much faster than my friends 1 ghz g4. They are great for everything except games. If your into gaming then you either want a G5 desktop or the new Macbook Pro. I run Reason 3.0 and Logic Pro at the same time on my powerbook with no slow down at all, and those two are both memory hogs.
                  \'02 Camaro M5<br />SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, 180 thermo, and still more to come

Comment

Yeah, for most people, a 1ghz is all that you would ever need. I mean, for the past year, I've been using my B&W G3 450Mhz as our primary machine. I've added 512mb ram, a super g wireless card and three more hard drives. I was going to replace it with a g4 tower, but since I'll be out in vegas for two months, I'd start having some serious withdrawal problems- so I bought the tibook. From everything that I've heard, they're a great store to buy used macs from, and they have a pretty good selection. OSX is really easy to use, and I love the stability. I do like the Albooks, but I don't have the money for one right now

Comment

I guess I went overkill on mine:
                      http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn

With the Truelife screen, 7800 Go, 1GB RAM, etc etc but only the "lowly" T1300 Solo processor. ;)
                      Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

meh, I'm not a pc fan, and I really hate Dells. After the countless systems that I've had to replace, and the fans going out on the one that I'm using right now, I've seen their shady craftsmanship

Comment

Yeah dell does cut corners.

Personally I don't know why you would really pick a mac over a windows, I mean it has a much smaller software selection and now they're moving on to some other format (I think with that new intel cpu) that won't be backwards compadible software wise. Unless you only pick it for the look and you really like white or something, I don't know.
                          97 Camaro rs 3.8<br />Flowmaster catback<br />High flow cat

Comment

Originally posted by majeskyb:
                            meh, I'm not a pc fan, and I really hate Dells. After the countless systems that I've had to replace, and the fans going out on the one that I'm using right now, I've seen their shady craftsmanship
                            Sorry the systems at your place of business don't receive enough preventative maintenance (defrag/cleaning the dust out of the case and fans) and have a bunch of different people using them. I'm assuming you're in the USAF, right? I know we've got some OLD *** Dells here and while they're not speed demons, they still work. With all the systems in use by the USAF, you're bound to see failures at one time or another. Likewise system fans do go out, no matter who builds them. Suck it up, spend the $10 and get another.

No, I'm not taking your Dell opinion personally, but you have to admit you see them being used under some pretty severe conditions.
                            Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by misterjuice:

OSX is easy as hell to learn. I personaly perfer it over XP.

I know the G4 is really old technology though.
                              </font>[/QUOTE]As much as I love pc's and the stuff I can do with them Mac OS has always and will always make any microsoft product look like a fat slow pig... OSX is based off linux hardcore, its clean, fast, and easy, and overly powerful. Mac's are great machines, this comming from a guy who doesn't own one. Only because I cannot afford the one I want, and I really can't use a mac for most the stuff I do on a computer unfortunately.

My friend is running OSX Tiger or something I think on his 450mhz mac. Boots quick, runs fast, the nut case plays warcraft 3 on it, and it runs faster on that mac then it does on his 128mb video 1gig ram 1ghz P3
                              1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                2 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X