Is this right? (alcohol story)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this right? (alcohol story)

I was just wondering what the laws were concerning contributing alcohol to minors. A friend of mine was arrested last night and he said something about them holding him for contribution, and it being a class A misdemeanor, buuuut he is only 20 years old? He may have just told his parents that because he didn't want them to think he was drinking, but that's what his mom told me they charged him with. Just wondering.... I found all the other alcohol laws under the penal code, but couldn't find anything about contributing.

[ September 13, 2004, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: TheBeast ]

Ok now that I talked to my friend I know for sure that is what he was charged with, $5000 bail and everything. Does this make sense though: 3 people are standing in a circle passing around a bottle of jager, only one of them is 21, undercover cops come up and ask them all to come with them. They wind up letting the 21 year old go, and charge my friend who is only 20 with the "applying alcohol to a minor". That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of...

Comment

maybe changing the subject will attract more attention to those who might know [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmm .... sounds fishy to me. I would think the one charged with 'contributing to minors' would be the 21 year old. Hmmm ... I don't know what to tell ya ... but it does sounds weird. Are you sure you got the facts right?!? [img]smile.gif[/img]
        \'97 Camaro, 3800 Series II, Anniversary Edition * Bright Green Metallic --&gt; T-Tops * Flowmaster Exhaust * TPS Throttle enhancer * SLP Cold air intake .....<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821</a> <br />AIM - Cycochic69

Comment

Yup....but the cops said they claimed seeing my friend pass the bottle to the other under 21 guy in the group of 3. I don't know if they just assumed the over 21 year old (he's actually 23) wasn't partaking of the jager, but if they had watched them for anything more than 10 seconds they would have seen it in his hands too. Not to mention he was completely drunk (23 y/o). It would be obvious in that group who SUPPLIED the bottle of liquor. Oh well... his bail seemed outrageous too. Since he is not a resident of this town it was raised by $1000, but still, even a $4000 bail was more than a friend of mine who was sent to jail for a DWI that crashed into a parked car.

Comment

laws are differnet in different places.

But here, they tried to nab me for the same thing, since everyone else was 18-20 years old, they thought I was 21, but I told them I was 19(which I was at the time) and they jsut gave me udner age possesion of alcohol.

there was about 10 of us, and we had ALOT of alcohol with us.

Comment

btw any of you guys in college? Most schools have free lawyers you can use or consult with.

Comment

I hate that law, it's the stupidest thing in our books. Why can't some cops just look the other way like most of them do anyway?
                - Mike<br /><br />Pewter 2001 Pontiac Firebird<br />Bone stock<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nighteye\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/nighteye</a>

Comment

If a 20yo and a 21yo are at a party with a 17yo and the 20yo is witnessed giving the 17yo an illegal substance, controled substance, namely alcohol, then the 20yo can be charged with contribution to minors but the 21yo gets off scott free. You have to be witnessed in the act of contribution to a minor.
                  I went though this when I was 18. class 1 misdemenor, did community service.
                  New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                  RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                  crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                  The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

where I was there was on person underage(under 18) and the cops let him go with nothing, since he hadn't even drank anything.

BTW I got off with community service, no fines, expunged from my record.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X