who owns handguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who owns handguns?

well i've got a little ways till my 21st bday (jan 31) but i'm trying to pick a handgun to buy for a bday gift to myself. has to be something reasonable as it will be my carry weapon. I really like the Kimber Custom (LAPD SWAT special) and the H&K USP45 which is what the columbus ohio swat team carries. But what other guns do y'all own or have fired, what do you like and dislike about them. These two 45s i like are pretty expensive and i'm looking for somthing a bit cheaper.

requirements it must meet:
    9mm or .45cal
    automatic, no revolvers
    reliable
    accurate
    reasonably priced
    usable as concield carry
    and i'm not a big fan of service tupperware, so glock is kind of a last choice

i'm especially interested in those of you who have a conceild carry permit and what you use for your carry weapon.

are 1911 models to big to be comfortable as a CCW?
    RedlineVSix

Funny you should post this because this weekend I'm getting my ccw

Most likely buying a gun off my dad. He said he would give me a 9x18 Makarov (Russian). Its perfect size but I just dont like how it shoots at the range, kind of innacurate. My favorite gun is the Rossi cyclops .357 revolver but its not exactly a practical gun to carry around
    <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104 96 Firebird M5</a>

Comment

&lt;--- not 21
      2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
      Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Ive got a 9mm Beretta. Gun metal silver and black...pretty f'in tight if you ask me. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skapimp:
          &lt;--- not 21
          Soooo funny! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
          it says "not 21" pointing to a bottle of jager... LOL AWESOME!

And I don't carry a gun, so I can't help you. I own a .22 rifle and that is not even with me, its in Tulare.
          <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

yeah, i've got all the long guns i need for now:
            Marlin Golden Classic .22 lever action
            Norinco SKS (7.62x39mm)
            Colt AR15a3 (.223)
            Mossberg 500 Persuader (12ga 2.75/3.00")
            :cool:
            RedlineVSix

Comment

Oh, everyone feel free to post pics of your guns [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]

guns are just as big of a passion for me as cars are :cool:
              RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Skapimp:
                &lt;--- not 21
                Soooo funny! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                it says "not 21" pointing to a bottle of jager... LOL AWESOME!

And I don't carry a gun, so I can't help you. I own a .22 rifle and that is not even with me, its in Tulare.
                </font>[/QUOTE]Oh wait, I'm not 21, but this guy here *points to ID* is 22... funny, he kind of looks like me too.
                2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
                Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

i personally feel for ya man.. guns and cars are my two biggest hobbbies. i have my conceiled weapons permit but dont carry often. i have an amc harballer in .45 acp... good gun.. reasoanably tight groups. a 9 mm would prolly be better for you though.. a double stack of 9mm isnt that much thicker than a .45... twice as much ammo for bout the same package. hope you find a decent sidearm for yourself.
                  Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
                    well i've got a little ways till my 21st bday (jan 31) but i'm trying to pick a handgun to buy for a bday gift to myself. has to be something reasonable as it will be my carry weapon. I really like the Kimber Custom (LAPD SWAT special) and the H&K USP45 which is what the columbus ohio swat team carries. But what other guns do y'all own or have fired, what do you like and dislike about them. These two 45s i like are pretty expensive and i'm looking for somthing a bit cheaper.

requirements it must meet:
                    9mm or .45cal
                    automatic, no revolvers
                    reliable
                    accurate
                    reasonably priced
                    usable as concield carry
                    and i'm not a big fan of service tupperware, so glock is kind of a last choice

i'm especially interested in those of you who have a conceild carry permit and what you use for your carry weapon.

are 1911 models to big to be comfortable as a CCW?
                    1911's aren't too big to be carried CCW, especially if you look for the Commander/Officer sized models. I believe Kimber has a model that has a Commander slide/barrel (4.25" IIRC) and an Officer frame (shorter than a full-size/commander 1911, uses 6 round magazines for a 6+1 cpacity). I think it's the Kimber Compact II. Look it up.

I own a 1911 Gov't Model, Series 70 1911 and even with my frame it's a bit on the large size for CCW. To remedy that I picked up an H&K USP Compact in .45ACP. Around 3" barrel, 1911 style controls (can be configured in many different ways, I've got a "0" style variant meaning it's traditional double action with a decocker/safety, but can be carried "cocked and locked" if I choose to do so.) The USP is more accurate than I am, dead-on reliable as long as you use good quality ammo, and reasonably reliable with reloads. I'll get pics of it later today. As for reasonably priced, remember that you're chosing a firearm to use in times of need and most certainly life or death, price should not be a disqualifying factor of choosing a firearm for CCW. H&K USP Compacts are built tough, and a used one would serve you well.
                    Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Smith & Wesson 910s here. Love it...great price and VERY nice weapon.

http://www.firearms.smith-wesson.com...4783_large.jpg
                      - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

I've got a vintage 1916 Colt Army 1911, shoots great :D
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

My next purchase will be a 1911, most likely a Kimber. The only handgun I own is a Springfield XD 9mm. It is a very reasonably priced and reasonably accurate. I can maintain a 4 inch group at 20 yards with it, and I havent practiced with it enough. I bought mine used for $360 if I remember correctly, but it had less than 100 rounds fired through it. No complaints what-so-ever. I would definately recommend one.
                          \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

CCW here, and I carry a Smith & Wesson tactical .40SW

It's a little too big to carry all the time, but it is a nice peice. It shoots very nice, has a very smooth action, and the only reason it's ever jammed is due to a defective clip (which I fixed)
                            <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Go to a gun store and look at some and see how you like them.
                              As for reliablity, you cant beat a revolver, it always works. the 9mm and .45 acp caliber are somewhat rare. look into Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum.

Also look at a Sig 226 or 220. both excellent guns.
                              2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X