Throwing Footballs at GTO...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing Footballs at GTO...

So tonight at the high school varsity football team, we were out on the field playing for halftime (Im in the band) and to the immediate right of me during one of our Beatles' songs, I hear a roaring engine, and I knew I had heard it before...I turn slightly and realize there is a bright yellow 2005 GTO right next to me, headlights and hazadr lights on.

I about **** a brick. I got lost in the music, actually.

Get this: our local Pontiac dealership was giving it away FREE if a randomly selected few people could throw a football from 35 yards away, and get it through the driver's window.

My jaw dropped upon hearing it, and I watched several times, in between directing pep band songs from the stand, people throwing the football as hard as they could, and it hitting the unprotected door/fender/glass...whatever body part they so chose, minus the window.

It made a loud "CRACK" that reverberated the entire stadium.

Everytime I heard that sound, I wanted to cry. There was no protection on the car.

No one won it, sadly.
    Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Sorry, but I have to ask..

Do you play the skin flute? LOL j/k man

You'd think they would have people there to stop the football from hitting the car?

I could make it in there [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Nah, I play the french horn...next gayest instrument for a male to play, but I love how it sounds.

I thought they would at least pad it, but they let the ball smack it over and over...
      Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

Originally posted by Blazing_Firebird:
        Nah, I play the french horn...next gayest instrument for a male to play, but I love how it sounds.

I thought they would at least pad it, but they let the ball smack it over and over...
        [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] sousaphone rules!!
        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Those things are beasts.

Comment

t-bones all the way baby

Comment

Screw all woodwind...brass kicks ***!! BARITONE!
              I speak the truth, I say what other don\'t say.<br />I am a ***.

Comment

I play guitar, as I am a straight male [img]smile.gif[/img]

Damn, I would have summoned up all my athletic ability and used it up for that GTO.
                *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

Comment

percusion is where is at! I played low bass drum in marching band my freshmen year

Comment

the 05' gtos arent out yet...I know I work at a pontiac dealer..

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                    05' CTS-V
                    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Then it was a 2004. How the hell am I supposed to know what year they are? They all look the same to me: a pile of import rice.

If there are any subtle differences between the 2004 and 2005, let me know, because I doubt there's many.

Comment

Then it was a 2004. How the hell am I supposed to know what year they are? They all look the same to me: a pile of import rice.

If there are any subtle differences between the 2004 and 2005, let me know, because I doubt there's many.
                        too my knowledge there will be SOME changes...somewhat of a body kit a few different lines on the front end, and bigger rims...and if you drove one you wouldnt say it was a pile of import rice....very nice car indeed just not my taste in style...

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                        05' CTS-V
                        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

They all look the same to me: a pile of import rice.
                          It's built better then your pile of junk. How is it rice? You're a retard. I'm sorry, you just are. I don't see a giant wing on it. I don't see stickers covering it. I don't see it faking fast, it'll hand you and your car it's ***.

I wouldn't mind driving one. I'll probably consider one when I start a family one day, if not that, then a CTS-V.

I'm really sick of the GTO bashing. It's getting old.
                          2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

ummmm. well you can start with the body..new ram air hood comes to mind and oh yeah...the ls2 engine thats putting out 400 horsepower.u should never in your life call it import rice. for one its from austrailia not china or japan [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] and its based off the holden manaro that was a v-8 anyway if im correct. it is not a front wheel drive car so its no GAS SIPPIN' A$$ DRAGGER. and to be honest if there was any car that would be able to replace that firebird im glad thats its a GTO, sad but still, american muscle for more american muscle is not too bad when you consider upgrading from a 315hp WS6 to a 400hp gto.. and to my knowledge thats the base model..with the judge of course still rumored.

[ September 12, 2004, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: vanbibber ]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by MrCoffee:
                              percusion is where is at! I played low bass drum in marching band my freshmen year
                              Now that's what I'm talking about, drums are what everyone's always wants to hear. Played snare line in my HS for 3 years, and 1 year in Va Tech band. Now I'm in some rock band though....
                              AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X