Hitched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitched?

Hey, I just got a Reese trailer hitch put on my Camaro. I know I know, a Camaro shouldn't have a hitch. But I have a Yamaha Wave Runner II that I need to tow around with me to my cottage, camping, and just fun weekends on Lake Ontario.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has hitched their Camaro?

I pulled my wave runner for 2.5 hours on Friday at highway speed up to 140km/h (85ish MPH) with no problem, the car pulls like a champ.

My wave runner and trialer combo only weigh about 800lbs probably.
    1996 Camaro Y87 5-Speed<br />K&N filter<br />15.19 @ 89.84

:[

saw a trans am towing a big uhaul trailer once :[
    the nose was almost in the air. I wanted to cry :( :(

least you can pull ur waverunner though! :D
    99 WS6
    13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
    tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Silly Canadians
      2000 GTP<br />Pulley, Intake<br />ET - 14.02<br />Trap - 97.15

Comment

theres a guy here at work that has a 93 - 96 Z28 that has one
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I saw a 3rd gen GTA pulling a trailer once. It looked kind of weird.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
            I saw a 3rd gen GTA pulling a trailer once. It looked kind of weird.
            LOL, yeah, I was getting a lot of weird looks towing the seadoo, ecspecially at 130KM/H down the highway passing people on the left.

So what if the seadoo sits 2 feet taller on the trailer then my car :D

Comment

I wouldnt do it personally, but I can see why you did. Towing vehicles can be expensive, and buying another car isnt always an option.... and ive almost bought a waverunner hehe
              1998 Firebird 3.8, A4<br />Mods: Alum Ds, Yank TC 2800 stall, Rksport lid, FTRA, SLP air temp sensor, K&N, Flowmaster catback 2.5\" w/cutout, 3:42 gears w/LSD<br />Best E/T: 15.6 @ 86 mph (w/o gears / lsd or verter)<br />Best 60: 2.234<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com</a> -- club site<p>To come?: l67 piston package hardened, turbo? spray? low 12\'s? well see

Comment

I'd go ahead & have subframes installed. It'll tighten up the chassis & tow better. You have a class 1 hitch right??
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
                  I'd go ahead & have subframes installed. It'll tighten up the chassis & tow better. You have a class 1 hitch right??
                  Yeah, reese class I

Comment

We put my buddies 97 T/A on my lift right after he bought it and we found a hitch on that, lol. He said I could have it because I planned on buying one to tow my motorcycle. I don't see anything wrong with it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

u sure the tires can take that speed on the trailor..... seems pretty unsafe to me...

Comment

F-bodies towing trailers make baby Jesus cry. :(
                        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer:
                          u sure the tires can take that speed on the trailor..... seems pretty unsafe to me...
                          YEah, speed rated to 90mph, I wouldn't want to go that fast though, 80 is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MTMike:
                            F-bodies towing trailers make baby Jesus cry. :(
                            no, you pulling a flame thrower out on him makes baby Jesus cry.
                            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                            94 comero 3.4

Comment

I have a hotch but it's only for my bike rack. I also have a Reese, it uses a drawbar - not a full receiver. I have a shadowmount and it's trully barely noticeable [img]smile.gif[/img] I love it for my bikes, but I'd never tow with my car.
                              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X