Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 hours of midnite shift...

SUCK!

I've been on every forum that I frequent and have tried to be as helpful as I could possibly be, and I still have an hour left!!! I completely dislike this job. I'm sure it's not the only place this happens, but I really don't like going home feeling dumber than I was when I arrived at work. The post I'm currently on is an overglorified secretary... with a pistol. I wish the Air Force would spend the cash to consolidate this post where it needs to be, so we don't have a certified person (like myself) sitting around (like I'm currently doing.)

I can always try punching myself in the jaw...

Or Ponder the meaning of life (I already know it's Frog)
    Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Sounds like my job. Except I don't carry a gun, and well, I guess the only thing we really have in common is I sit on my a$$ all night and post on message boards.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

LOL, at least I'm not alone!
      Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

12 hours mids checking, sitting on *** posting too only i have 11 hours to go :(
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

try stocking shelves every day for 8 hours... at least you can go on the internet and do ****...

Comment

Originally posted by ka50:
            try stocking shelves every day for 8 hours... at least you can go on the internet and do ****...
            i wish i could i sit here in this shop it &lt;40* out side and the air stay ON 24/7 its 55* in this shop and i con not turn the air off. so i am fezzing my arse off right now, lol
            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by L32Projekt:
              SUCK!

I've been on every forum that I frequent and have tried to be as helpful as I could possibly be, and I still have an hour left!!! I completely dislike this job. I'm sure it's not the only place this happens, but I really don't like going home feeling dumber than I was when I arrived at work. The post I'm currently on is an overglorified secretary... with a pistol. I wish the Air Force would spend the cash to consolidate this post where it needs to be, so we don't have a certified person (like myself) sitting around (like I'm currently doing.)

I can always try punching myself in the jaw...

Or Ponder the meaning of life (I already know it's Frog)
              Actually the meaning of life is 42.
              <a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> <br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_o_jones\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a></b><br />--This doesn\'t change the fact that I am ~The Guru~ who still kicks puppies...

Comment

Darn it,I got lied to by the recruiter on more than one thing??? %^&%!!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by L32Projekt:
                  Is your "desk" job really that bad? You're getting paid to sit around on your ***. I feel soo lucky that I get to work outside all day on any type of weather. [img]smile.gif[/img] :rolleyes:
                  <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

aww, I've only got 10 more hours to go! [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] . It's not that bad over here, I find a lot of interesting websites while sitting here all night long...
                    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

I remember working overnights.....see post count :(
                      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                        [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                        www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by L32Projekt:
                          Is your "desk" job really that bad? You're getting paid to sit around on your ***. I feel soo lucky that I get to work outside all day on any type of weather. [img]smile.gif[/img] :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]I joined the Air Force as a Security Forces member. I'm trained as a patrolman, SRT leader, how to search and clear buildings, have qualified expert on every weapon system that I can (and that has an expert rating that can be attained). I'm trained to defend a base, not act as a secretary to whichever Tom, Dick or Harry wants a DSN tranfer.

My complaint is with the control center that shouldn't exist at this installation (Law Enforcement Desk) because of certain actions our squadron has taken to consolidate this post with another control center, which took all of the responsibilities away from whoever stands this post. That leaves this post with answering the phone and monitoring alarm systems that can be relocated, but aren't because the AF is being cheap.

I should be out on the road, not transferring phone calls. Blue, nothing personal, just thought I should clarify a bit. My biggest complaint is that nothing happens on this base. Just... very... boring!

EDIT: About working outside in any type of weather, I'm right there with ya bud. You see, even if we have a blizzard, it's everyone else on base that gets to stay home. I get to drive in to work and get stuck on the instllation because I'm classified as "Mission Essential." I don't get the luxuries of "down-days" or "family days" that the rest of the base enjoys (or at least gets reimbursed for).

Holidays? I get them off, IF they fall on my normal days of break. Overtime? HA! I work a 4-on and 2-off schedule in 12 hour shifts. 60 hours a week, and you know what? I get paid the same amount as Mr. Finance who screws up everyone's pay and travel vouchers (I'm still waiting on one for a TDY I went on in the middle of August) but he gets weekends, holidays, down-days and family days off, and STILL only works 8 hours a day. I also get to deal with what's called "Recalls" whenever the base pulls exercises. Yup, that means no matter my situation (days off included) I get to come in to work and secure sites or cordons.

See, now you got me started... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ October 17, 2004, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: L32Projekt ]

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                            Speaking of post counts, how do I get an avatar now? Pleeeeeeeaaase James! :D

Comment

Makes you feel anybetter, I jsut worked a 10 hour 8am-6pm shift and I am going back to work a 5-6 hour shift from 11pm-like 4-5am [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X