to be totally fair and satisfy some of the whiners - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to be totally fair and satisfy some of the whiners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to be totally fair and satisfy some of the whiners

I thought Kerry's comments about Mary Cheney during the debate were stupid.

I mean, they were so awkwardly injected into the debate... it was like he was told "make sure you point out Cheney's daughter is gay again... just incase no one heard"
    I winced when I heard it and thought that it was going to be made a big deal - initial media reaction did not, however they are now picking up more of it.

However, I did think Lynne Cheney's remarks were a bit harsh and overpoliticized too.

In all, I think Kerry should maybe not apologize b/c nothing he said was offensive or wrong, but maybe clarify why he was using the Cheney's as an example.

oh dang... i thought it said '....satisfy some of the weiners' lol. ew... lol

but as for stuff on topic... i really dont have an opinion... so i'm going to go... buh bye
    99 WS6
    13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
    tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

i think what he said was stupid and what Lynne said was apropriate considering
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Did anyone know Kerry was in Vietnam? He won three purple hearts.
        2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:
          I DEMAND A RECOUNT
          [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

One was from shrapnel from a morter HE launched. Plus, it was such a light scratch that he didn't even need to see a doctor about it
            2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Did you know that he also won a Silver and Bronze Star, recommended by, and written up by and submitted by......wait for it.........his CO. You know, that guy who 30yrs later can't even remember that he won a medal at the same action. A leading member of SBV for lies.

How could he forget? When you are awarded a medal you are told what for.

[ October 15, 2004, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: ABH ]

Comment

I think it was inappropriate and if it was on purpose (I doubt someone as well worded as Kerry would say it out of no where) it will backfire.
                2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

I think it is completely inappropriate and unamerican to challenge teh legitimacy of Kerry's medals. He faught for our country and he got injured. He was a hero and for you to claim he didnt deserve his medals is pety. How many medals do YOU have??? At least be honorable and not attack a man for the sacrifices he made.

Comment

What's more honorable? A man with one medal honor and bravery, or a man with 5+ medals that were given to him for whatever inappropriate reason. I give the guy with teh onen medal more respect.
                    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> </b><br /><br />1998 Sport Metallic Gold Firebird A4:<br /><br />Whisper Lid, 5% Limo Tint, 30th Anniversary Side Stripes, 3\" Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Man Fan Switch, SLP CAI<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird</a>

Comment

any man who services in this nation's armed forces is honorable. it doesnt depend on the number of medals pinned to your chest.

however, i have less respect for those that disrespect our armed forces or the symbols of their service.

as for mary cheney, since she isnt campaigning for her father, i dont see that she is "fair game" in the political arena.

Comment

Originally posted by chas:

as for mary cheney, since she isnt campaigning for her father, i dont see that she is "fair game" in the political arena.
                        Well, she is campaigning for him... but that still doesnt make her fair game.
                        The way I see the comments werent as much as an attack but rather Kerry was trying to look compassionate but at hte same point underscore to the right wing what the case (that everyone already knows) is. It "flopped".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          2 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X