losing 15-20 lbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing 15-20 lbs?

ok, right now i weight 187 and would like to see 165 or 170. Im 6'1 and have a decent set of arms, but would like to chizzle up my chest(or lack there of) and get at least a few abs.

what are some foods that I can get on a college budget that can help me loose weight and keep it off.

what are some excercises that will help me loose fat and not loose muscle. i did some hardcore tredmil stuff and lost some fat, but i couldnt gain any muscle. once i worked out a little without running i gained muscle.

also, what about my bench. my max is 170 on a good day and i can rep about 140. i would like to know a few routines that would turn my mush into pecs so i can throw on any shirt kind of thing.

im not fat, just not fit and was wondering if i could get a few pointers that would help with loosing some fat and replacing those areas with some muscle. I dont want to be huge, just fit and a little more.

thanks
    96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

I would say the best thing to do is just to try not to eat out alot and if you drink pop try to cut back. I am not trying to make you mad or anything but you max is pretty low. I am about 125-130lbs and my max is about 180 during the summer and about 160 during the wrestling season(this is because of the weight loss). One thing to make you stronger is to talk some supplements like cell tech or creatine.It will but weight on but you will buff up alot quicker

Comment

I dont use supplements, and maybe thats why I still look like crap hehe. But when I do get into my excercie routines I usually begin with a good cardio set to get the blood pumping, after that routine is set I start working with low weight/high rep excercises. There are certainly better here though to give this advice =)
      1998 Firebird 3.8, A4<br />Mods: Alum Ds, Yank TC 2800 stall, Rksport lid, FTRA, SLP air temp sensor, K&N, Flowmaster catback 2.5\" w/cutout, 3:42 gears w/LSD<br />Best E/T: 15.6 @ 86 mph (w/o gears / lsd or verter)<br />Best 60: 2.234<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com</a> -- club site<p>To come?: l67 piston package hardened, turbo? spray? low 12\'s? well see

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=6;t=026762 I posted this a couple days ago it might help out. For chest I only bench a little bit, I hit the decline and incline alot. I also do butterflys with dumb bells ( incline and on a flat bench) oo and can't forget TRI'S they are pretty important for bench ;) Thor is the guy to talk to though.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615442\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615442</a> <br />_ _ _ ______________________ _ _ _ <br />AIM-Samg5505

Comment

eat a lot of chicken, tons of protien in that. start jogging if you dont allready. no more soda, and try light beer. the only way to really loose weight is to take in fewer calories than you burn. do the math.

a while back i weighed 185 and was 5'10"

now im 6'
          i weigh 150 to 155 ish (too skinny)
          can bench 185

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I heard somtime back maybe health class in HS, maybe? That your supposed to be able to bench your own weight... On a normal physically fit person.

You might want to check out some magazine's they usually have exercise stuff in them. FHM, Stuff, bunch of others, good luck

Comment

Cut out fried food and soda first off, also limit alcohol as much as possible. Eat less fatty meat like beef and eat more lean meat like poultry. Eat smaller meals and eat healthy snacks in between, it'll help keep metabolism up and you never have to be hungry. HIIT training works well for losing weight and keeping muscle. I'm by no means an expert, but this stuff has worked well for me. Dropped about 25 lbs in about 4 months.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Die Ford V8:
                ok, right now i weight 187 and would like to see 165 or 170. Im 6'1 and have a decent set of arms, but would like to chizzle up my chest(or lack there of) and get at least a few abs.

what are some foods that I can get on a college budget that can help me loose weight and keep it off.

what are some excercises that will help me loose fat and not loose muscle. i did some hardcore tredmil stuff and lost some fat, but i couldnt gain any muscle. once i worked out a little without running i gained muscle.

also, what about my bench. my max is 170 on a good day and i can rep about 140. i would like to know a few routines that would turn my mush into pecs so i can throw on any shirt kind of thing.

im not fat, just not fit and was wondering if i could get a few pointers that would help with loosing some fat and replacing those areas with some muscle. I dont want to be huge, just fit and a little more.

thanks
                You're 6'1" and you want to be 165-170 lbs that is still too skinny. Your goal should be to weigh over 200 lbs. With your height you could easily be at 220-230lbs of solid muscles.

Focus more on developing your muscles and not so much on the fat. Once you developed those muscles, the fat will just go down automatically. Remember, bigger, well tone muscles burns fat more easily than smaller well tone muscles. This is because you increase basal metabolism and your body will burn fat very efficiently, even when you are sleeping.

Don't do single max out reps. Those don't work. You need working reps that will stimulate muscles to grow. Stick to clean eating and drink plenty of water. I highly recommend that you supplement your food with protien, creatine and vitamins and minerals.

I took my Bodybuilding website down, but by next week I plan on bringing it back up again under a new domain. Just wait for it. I'm putting a lot of information in it. I'm literally hard at work for it. And it's all free information too.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Cut off a leg?
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                    Cut off a leg?
                    most people dont think of self weight reduction the same way they thinkg of car weight reduction. except for our inhouse weight reduction guru [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                    RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                      Cut off a leg?
                      most people dont think of self weight reduction the same way they thinkg of car weight reduction. except for our inhouse weight reduction guru [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Hmmmmm, inhouse weight reduction guru.... I like the sound of that :D
                      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

^ hahaha..yeah man..theres gotta be some other bones we dont really NEEEED hehehe ..although i might blow away..6' 2" 140lbs :D
                        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

yeah i basically want to be fit, and somewhat cut. not like 6% body fat, but decently lean. i have been reading "mens health" magazine and have been getting a few ideas and routines. i just need more time in the day to balance school, work, rent, power food, and most importanly sleep. its kinda hard to get a good set routine in.

i have been swimming 30 min a day and doing other little stuff and will soon start a routine. i think if i were to bulk up a little i wouldnt mind weighing about 190 or so. i just need to replace the fat with muscle.

what are some good, college budget juices that are good to drink. I hate just drinking water, but it seems that its the only healthy alternative withing a budget. oj and apple juice is kinda pricy after a while.
                          96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            5 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X