Moving to Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Houston

Hey guys, I am almost pretty certain that sometime in the next month or so I will be moving to Houston and I was wondering what I should expect. I haved lived in Lubbock my whole life and now that I am 19 I will be attending UTI next year. What places should I avoid and stay away from? My sister is in Houston right now trying to finalize some paper work for a house she is buying in the Wood Lands. Anyone familiar with this area? Is this a good area and how far is it from everything? My sister wanted a house in Sugar Land but decided on the Wood Lands because it was closer to UTI. So anyone got anything I should know about?

Originally posted by toady77:
    What places should I avoid and stay away from? So anyone got anything I should know about?
    Stay clear of Ross.
    Past Ride
    1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
    (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

i just moved to houston to go to uti one month ago. uti is the $hit. houston is allright i guess.
      the woodlands is nice but expensive for a 19 yr. old unless you have help. you will probably want to live somewhere off of 1960 so it's close to school. the woodlands is about 10 mi. n. of uti.
      traffic is bad at times and it is stil pretty hot and muggy here. uti helps you find a place and a part time job if you want them to. i hope this helps you out. :D
      96 wht. firebird 5sd. rk sport headers,3in.catco, spintech catback,CAI,FRA,3.42/lsd 180*t-stat, centerforce dual friction clutch, ls1 driveshaft, polyurethane trans. mount.<br />01 blk. z28 m6, borla exht, lid, k<br />+n, sfc., chrome 18in. y2k c5 wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by toady77:
        Stay clear of Ross. </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know what beef you have against Ross or even know anything about Ross but I have met Ross and the Sick Sixx Crew in Houston a few times and all I can say is he's very hospitable and a cool guy to hang out with.

What's between Ross and Tiago should be just stay between the two of them.

As far as Houston goes, Houston is shiznit. I personally don't like the humidity but I guess that what everybody there have to live with being close to the Gulf of Mexico.
        <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

Originally posted by rob231:
          i just moved to houston to go to uti one month ago. uti is the $hit. houston is allright i guess.
          the woodlands is nice but expensive for a 19 yr. old unless you have help. you will probably want to live somewhere off of 1960 so it's close to school. the woodlands is about 10 mi. n. of uti.
          traffic is bad at times and it is stil pretty hot and muggy here. uti helps you find a place and a part time job if you want them to. i hope this helps you out. :D
          Yeah I am going to be moving in with my sis who is getting a house there, and she did mention it beion off of 1960. As far as the humidity goes, its fixing to be winter so it shouldn't be that bad right? And I am glad to hear that UTI is awesome. I can't wait to go. What courses are you taking?

Comment

I've spent a lot of time in Houston, but I live in Kingwood. The humididty sucks, but houston is cool. The people are nice, the food is great, the girls are hot (doesn't apply to the wards or fatties), and you get to be an astros/rockets fan [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As far as the Woodlands, I've heard it's a lot like Kingwood (suburb, good schools, the kids drive better cars than the teachers). The difference is that the Woodlands is really expanding. They're adding resturaunts, stores, even (I think) a river. And if you like alternative rock, buzzfest is oct. 30. Its a kickass show.
            1999 A4 Firebird<br />Mods coming soon-

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shane:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by toady77:
              Stay clear of Ross. </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know what beef you have against Ross or even know anything about Ross but I have met Ross and the Sick Sixx Crew in Houston a few times and all I can say is he's very hospitable and a cool guy to hang out with.

What's between Ross and Tiago should be just stay between the two of them.

</font>[/QUOTE]Ross and Shane are friends.
              2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Stay clear of Ross becuase he is my hunny bunny.
                Past Ride
                1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
                (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
                2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

im gonna be going there here in a month or so to help open up a new Frys Electronics store and train.... Il be there for about a month, still not sure if im going to fly there or drive...

Comment

Katy is a nice city
                    ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

I am from The Woodlands although currently at school in Oklahoma, but yeah its really nice unfortunatley my family isnt part of the Woodlands stereotype. But yeah, if you have any questions about it or anything just let me know. They are expanding it a lot, got a lot of new places by the mall.

Alex
                      1996 Camaro RS A4<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler with 2.5\" catback and cutout, SLP CAI, BMR STB

Comment

Watchout for the po-po. Houston cops love to pick on people. Also, avoid the ricer crowds with street racing -- you'll get popped faster than a pimple at a dermatologists office.
                        Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by toady77:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rob231:
                          Yeah I am going to be moving in with my sis who is getting a house there, and she did mention it beion off of 1960. As far as the humidity goes, its fixing to be winter so it shouldn't be that bad right? And I am glad to hear that UTI is awesome. I can't wait to go. What courses are you taking? </font>[/QUOTE]i'm taking automotive technology which is 48 weeks long and then after graduation i'm shooting for the bmw step program and that is about 6 months long. oh and it is hotter than hell. this week it is going to be in the 90's and about that much humodity. i went back home to okc this last week and it was nice and cool so make sure your a.c. works well in your car. shoot me an email if you have anymore ?'s
                          96 wht. firebird 5sd. rk sport headers,3in.catco, spintech catback,CAI,FRA,3.42/lsd 180*t-stat, centerforce dual friction clutch, ls1 driveshaft, polyurethane trans. mount.<br />01 blk. z28 m6, borla exht, lid, k<br />+n, sfc., chrome 18in. y2k c5 wheels.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X