got contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got contacts

contacts= the ****!! omg they are awesome, except for putting them in. But you get over touching your eyes. If you don't have contacts and are considering them, get them!
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

haha definitely get them...

you cna see so much better

also don't avoid the eye doctor, your prescription changes more then you think [img]smile.gif[/img]
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

If your old enough all I gotta say is "LASIK" I had it done two years ago and its the best thing since sliced bread!! I had 20/700 vision (blind as S#$%+) and now Im 20/15 and have been since. But if your under 21 they recommend waiting a few years so your vision stops changing. But congrats on the contacts I remember when I got mine many moons ago and loved them.
      \"I told you on your first day that I was your whole family, I am your new Mother! If you maggots don\'t start getting your sh_t together, I will be forced to make myself a childless Mother!\" <br />-Multiple Unknown USMC Drill Instuctors

Comment

what i can't see what you wrote. no jk. glad to see your happy. 20/20 here!
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I think I wanna do lasik one day but worried about doing it then needing it again down the road.

My dad had a eye surgery, don't think it was lasik, but corrected his vision while he was getting cataracts removed.
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Walmart has a scheme on contacts. When you go in for your 1st eye exam, they'll charge you $99 plus tax and youre asked if you want extra contact sets which come 6 to a box. I bought the "leave it in and sleep it in for 7 days" Acuvue Advanced w/ HydraClear lenses after my exam & was impressed with the clarity plus added UV protection built in them but the prescription is supposed to last 6 months and then you're stuck fishing out another $89 ( for repeat customers, their computer will red flag your name ) and you have the option of buying another $25 box of lenses. The Walmart eye doc told me you can clean your lenses after 7 days and reuse them to stretch out the prescription but he said it can be a health issue which might be true but the 6 month prescription was designed to last that long and generate more revenue too. I clean my lenses every 8 days and made the 'script last 1 year. My 2nd eye exam did cost me $89 but I was smart enought to buy 3 or 4 more extra boxes to extend my savings and my eyes are still excellent according to what the eye doc said. You can also have Walmart Vison notify you on monthly sales to take advantage of knocking $2 off your next box. If you see white protein deposits on the surface of the lenses then its time to clean or replace them at your discretion. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this. :cool:

[ July 20, 2005, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: 96RS Alex ]
            Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Contacts are awesome when you first get them, but having to take them out every night and put them back in every morning gets old.

I'm planning on getting lasik done when my eyes stop changing. I think its crazy that a few years ago people were having it done in malls... no one from a mall is cutting my eye with a laser

Comment

I went to Wal Mart. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] I got for my follow up exam next Wednesday no complaints with these things either. Since I have a stimatism and im near sighted my contacts are going to be like $40 a box. I better save some mula!
                1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Contacts get old fast. I'm sick of putting them in and taking them off every day and ocassionally having irritation problems with them

But for me, its still worth it for the cosmetic improvement. I look like such a dork with glasses
                  <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104 96 Firebird M5</a>

Comment

When I first got mine, I loved them to death. Now they are just daily routine. I still love them for when I go 4wheeling or paintballing, my goggles/mask wouldn't fit over my glasses. I'm hoping to get lasik soon, but I'm still pretty young to get it yet...
                    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Good! Because I'll be an optometrist in 4 yrs and this is great [img]smile.gif[/img] I love contacts and hope I can introduce many more to them [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

honestly for all the different contacts out their...

I dig 2 week ones. They usually last me a month or so before they get annoying, I generally take them out 5-6 nights a week. I hate glasses, I only wear them around the house I feel wierd when I wear them in public at this point.

my 6 month supply I think nearly lasts me a year.

and they are pretty disposable so if I tear or lose one, or every now and then you get one that seems to alwasy irritate, I just chuck it.

My eye doc tried to get me to try this new type that "breathed" more. I hated them always folding over in my eyes...

Comment

I have worn glasses for well over 10 years now, and I switched to contacts last year. Contacts are nice if you are just going out, doing things in public, but when I work, they get annoying. Dusty warehouses are not the place to be wearing contacts.

But I am very particular about what kind of glasses I wear. I am not a person that "shops" for things, I go to a store, get what I want, and get the **** out, for the exception of glasses. Tried on 150 pairs before I bought the current ones I have now. With the contacts, I thought I didn't have to go thru that hassle again, but contacts are not the thing to be wearing when there is large amounts of dust and dirt flying around in the air. I would consider lasik, but I have to have money first to do that.
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird
                          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I was so glad to get contacts and lose my glasses. That was a huge improvement.

LASIK surgery made life even better. No hassles at all now.
                            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X