Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help and Ideas..

I wrecked my girlfriends Firebird..

short story long.. its needing some parts..

anyway

took the car to a Well known local body shop to get a priceing quote they quoted me 4,000.00 in repair costs..

I did it, so I am gonna make it right.. im gonna give her the 3k she spent on the car.. but what I need to know from you guys.. is this..

im gonna be stuck with a car that needs lots of money - more then it books for, just to get it fixed!!

what do I do.. its not worth putting 4k into it just to get it fixed!!

do I part it out or sell it outright?

Do you know anyone that can help you do the work yourself?

Tell us what is damaged and what is required to fix it. Your $4,000 might be high.

Comment

If the car is worth less than the damages, then the car is pretty much totaled. Do you not have insurance to pay for this?
      ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

needs a new front passanger fender..

needs a new right tail light..

needs a new 1/4 panel or rear fender..

needs a new front bumper.

needs a new headlight assembely thing to make the headlight raise up and down correctly..

I can do all but the headlight and the rear fender (or 1/4 panel) I spun out and instead of hitting a mom and her son in a 99+ silverado I managed to swerve and then it was either hit a mountain, hit a parked truck, hit a truck head on or just lock up the brakes.. so I locked up the brakes and it hit a guard rail.. front passanger side hit and hit hard enough the *** spun around and hit.. only nicked the door which needs blended..

Comment

have teh frame checked for trueness. also, what were the other two~three quotes for body work?
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

Havent gotten quotes yet..

BUT so far im sure the car only books for 3k some in good shape..

well I almost can swear the frame isnt bent, or curved or anything just because of the fact that the rims and tires were not even scratched in accident..

we have insurance but it will not cover this at all.. im almost positive it wont cover it with just lialiabilty SP?

Comment

what year is it? what motor? How many miles?

I'd part it man.. dibbs on the leather if its got it..
              Mystic Teal Metallic
              ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B.:
                needs a new front passanger fender..

needs a new right tail light..

needs a new 1/4 panel or rear fender..

needs a new front bumper.

needs a new headlight assembely thing to make the headlight raise up and down correctly..

I can do all but the headlight and the rear fender (or 1/4 panel) I spun out and instead of hitting a mom and her son in a 99+ silverado I managed to swerve and then it was either hit a mountain, hit a parked truck, hit a truck head on or just lock up the brakes.. so I locked up the brakes and it hit a guard rail.. front passanger side hit and hit hard enough the *** spun around and hit.. only nicked the door which needs blended..
                That price sounds about right, when I got in my accident, I almost exactly had the same things replaced.

I had the hood, both front fenders, front and rear bumper, driver rear 1/4, headlight mounting assembly, and had the frame straightend

Also, one thing that was explained to me, was that it's not good to replaced the rear 1/4 panel. The body man, who was also my friend, said the rear 1/4s are welded to the frame, and unwelding them can weaken the structurual integrety of the car. It's best to bondo them instead of replace them.

You'll probably be better off to part the car out, and you could make money off it.
                <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X