Another 'I got into an accident' thread :( - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 'I got into an accident' thread :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually they will paint the new body parts and then blend up a little into the rest of the paint so that if the color doesn't match 100% it will be much less noticible.

I had very similar damage to my 2000 3.8 and that is what was done. Turned out fine, except for a little overspray on the new nose, which pissed me off. Best advice: find a quality shop and ask for customer references. STAY AWAY FROM THE STEALERSHIPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal:
      Usually they will paint the new body parts and then blend up a little into the rest of the paint so that if the color doesn't match 100% it will be much less noticible.

I had very similar damage to my 2000 3.8 and that is what was done. Turned out fine, except for a little overspray on the new nose, which pissed me off. Best advice: find a quality shop and ask for customer references. STAY AWAY FROM THE STEALERSHIPS.
      Do I have any choice as far as where it gets fixed?

I want my car just like it was before the accident, and I had no paint issues beforehand. I don't want this 'blend' thing, I want a one color paintjob.

Can't I just ***** and complain until I get what I want? I'm sorry to sound like some whiny girl, but I don't want to get screwed in the end. I already am screwed in that the resale value of my car is lower, so I don't need anymore.
      97 Camaro<br />94 Blazer<br />~

Comment

uhh they'll total it
        Mystic Teal Metallic
        ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Man, I just love seeing all the insurance experts in here. May I ask what everyone's credentials are, how long they've been an adjuster, etc.?

Just let things take its course, there's nothing getting "opinions" from rookies that can change anything. ;)
          Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Originally posted by L32Projekt:
            Man, I just love seeing all the insurance experts in here. May I ask what everyone's credentials are, how long they've been an adjuster, etc.?

Just let things take its course, there's nothing getting "opinions" from rookies that can change anything. ;)
            Or some of us have had similar damages and know the outcome already.

You're probably looking at the car being totalled.
            <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

So the general concensus is the car is getting totalled. How much should I expect for it? Kelly Blue Book retail value or what?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to plan ahead :-/

Comment

Originally posted by dz:
                So the general concensus is the car is getting totalled. How much should I expect for it? Kelly Blue Book retail value or what?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to plan ahead :-/
                Probably NADA value.

And if you're still making payments on it, I hope you have GAP insurance, or have paid off more then it's worth. If you don't have GAP and owe more then it's worth, you'll be responsible for the amount the insurance company doesn't pay.
                <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
                  Or some of us have had similar damages and know the outcome already.

You're probably looking at the car being totalled.
                  I was speaking about all those that have not had similar damages, and are talking out of their ***. Don't be so sensitive. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                  Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

I don't have any payments on it; it's payed in full.

Comment

Who gets to decide where it gets fixed? I don't want them to decide seeing as how they probably have arrangements to get it fixed as cheaply as possible.

Do I get to go to shops and get estimates, or do they give me a list and I pick?

Comment

In NH you can take it anywhere you want! If you have questions ask the insurance company.
                        Mystic Teal Metallic
                        ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

that situation was how my Camaro got totalled... but the way it sounds mine was much more horrific... like the person behind me hit me doing 60ish...

good luck with everything!
                          <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

Cool thanks for the advice.

Ya I plan on asking the insurance company as well, but I just wanted a heads up before I got into it. I should be within contact with the girls insurance company today or tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by dz:

I have to say, my car held up like a goddamn tank.
                              I'm glad to hear you're okay and all, but is that really necessary? chances are if it held up as well as it did, the Big Guy Upstairs didn't condemn it.
                              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Originally posted by navyblue2000:
                                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dz:

I have to say, my car held up like a goddamn tank.
                                the Big Guy Upstairs didn't condemn it. </font>[/QUOTE]'Big Guy Upstairs?'

The insurance adjuster!? :D

:cool:
                                <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/red69falcon/\" target=\"_blank\">1969 Falcon</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/81706526iUXWli\" target=\"_blank\">1972 Harley & Misc. Project Pics</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.geoci

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X