This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: PacerSS

I actually wanted to ask you more about the scoops on your hood. You mentioned something that I actually considered! I thought about putting one in the center of the hood on my Cavalier by molding it into the structure of the hood with bondo or some other filler to make it look like it were an actual aftermarket hood rather than just sticking it on there. (I'm not keen on the tack-on look where you see the seams of the scoop, which is why I mentioned that in the other post). Unfortunately, I didn't think about it until just after I had gotten the hood re-painted by a local shop. Oh well, guess it's just something to think about in the future. I was picturing it being more smooth and natural looking that way. I'm just wondering how the filler would hold up after being painted.. Do you know of anyone who has done this?
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

actually I think the bondo would hold up really well if you create a good mold and ensure that it is flush with the hood surface. Like I would sand all the paint off to do that. Another idea I had was to actually use fiberglass to blend the scoops in. Just some ideas I have thrown around there is a body shop here that does it and I am thinking about taking it to them to have it done, I might have to ask them what their procedures are for doing it, because they do all sorts of custom desings from logos to signatures and everything I will get back to you on this though.
    2000 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car<br />2004-14.664 @ 94.18<br />2005-????(haven\'t been to the track yet)<br />Too many mods, not enough characters allowed to spell them all out

Comment

What does this have to do with anyone else? Email, please...
      www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X