Why is it so difficult in getting a good job - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so difficult in getting a good job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so difficult in getting a good job

It seems like that the only way I could get a good paying decent job is if I knew somebody from the inside.

I have been through so many interviews already, 12 to be exact, and yet no employers would want to hire me. One said that I don't have any experience, (eventhough I went to school for it) and the other one said I have too much experience.

Heck, even a security job won't take me in because they want somebody that will stick around for a very long time. I'm getting desparate, I'm applying at Jiffy Lube tomorrow and hope they hire me. If they do, this will support me for now till I find a career. I wonder what they will say in the interview.

Is it me or do you guys experience the same thing too when you go out there looking for a good job?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Try a temp agency. Half of our company started off as temps (including myself and Jenn when she started at her company). You might get one or two dead lame assignments at first but sooner or later a smart manager will say "wait a minute, this guy has a brain, we'd better snatch him up".

90% of temps give you the deer-in-the-headlights look when you ask them to do something. Finding a smart temp is a very refreshing change. Work hard, be smart, and you'll get hired on full-time before you know it. If you start as a temp, your competition isn't very tough. ;)

Comment

Thats what I did for this job I got now. I went through a temp agency. I have been on this job for about two weeks now, and I am already on an RC stand up forklift. The majority of the people there have no idea how to run one of those lifts, but I told them what I could do, and they didn't hesitate to use my experiences and knowledge and put them to use. Pay isn't great right now, but that is only because I am a temp.
      1995 Pontiac Firebird
      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Because the only way you get a good job is too know somebody or be in the right place at the right time. College and all that dont mean ****.
        Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Yup all my jobs I've gotten because I knew someone. ALL OF THEM.
          00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

nowa days you gotta be a minority to get a job.. cause companies are so damn cheap.

my workplace (sacks 5th ave) just hired 3 new people that dont speak a word of english. even though i still make 3 bucks an hour more than they do.. they get more hours.

i ****en hate it. my exgirlfriend just got a job making 20 an hour.. and she is only 18. she has no experience at anything what so ever.. but she is dating the managers son.. go ****en figure
            96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

You have to be a minority to get a good job? Are you serious!? People, if you aren't getting the job, maybe it's because you aren't that great at inerviews. Maybe you're not qualified, or maybe OVER qualified. Or maybe you're being too particular in what job you take. Not everyone starts their first job at $20+ an hour, actually most don't!

Be assertive, show the guy/girl interviewing that you want to work and have what they need/want, and they'll give you the job and pay you want.
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Actually 90% of the time if you apply they give the job to someone that has connections at the place lol. Thats how the world works, if you get a job its because they didn't have anyone they knew that needed the job and you were the best qualified or the cheapest.
                00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler:
                  nowa days you gotta be a minority to get a job.. cause companies are so damn cheap.
                  Kinda true, I got passed up for a job at a Gm dealer because of a black guy. That was the only reason i could think of cause he was showing me his resume before we went in and he had like only 1 job before that where as i had 6 years exp and 2 college degrees.
                  Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

not necessarily matt.. a lot of the jobs i was looking into got outsourced to 3rd world countries.. actually the old company i worked for got sent out to india..
                    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X