I think i want to join the military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think i want to join the military

i dunno with the patriotic threads that i've read and downloading some of the songs that you guys posted lyrics to it makes me want to join the military. I think i do really want to, not yet though, i want to finish losing weight and get in shape otherwise i'll never make it through basic. I dont know what i want to go into though, i'm thinking marines maybe, or if i'm crazy enough maybe army spec ops or a SEAL....wow now i'm getting in over my head i think i'll just stick to basic military [img]smile.gif[/img]
    White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

Every now and then I want to join the military and go for sniper school. Mostly because I have ALOT of patience, have no problem sitting by myself for days(lol), and wouldn't think twice about shooting someone. However, not sure I could get the qualifications to even apply for the school let alone make it through.

[ July 05, 2004, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: ReodDai ]
    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Originally posted by ReodDai:
      Every now and then I want to join the military and go for sniper school. Mostly because I have ALOT of patients, have no problem sitting by myself for days(lol), and wouldn't think twice about shooting someone. However, not sure I could get the qualifications to even apply for the school let alone make it through.
      damn, you sound just like me lol.
      1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks:
        i dunno with the patriotic threads that i've read and downloading some of the songs that you guys posted lyrics to it makes me want to join the military. I think i do really want to, not yet though, i want to finish losing weight and get in shape otherwise i'll never make it through basic. I dont know what i want to go into though, i'm thinking marines maybe, or if i'm crazy enough maybe army spec ops or a SEAL....wow now i'm getting in over my head i think i'll just stick to basic military [img]smile.gif[/img]
        your talking about going into the seals and stuff, you have to go into the basic stuff first then qualify for the special stuff
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Trunks:
          your talking about going into the seals and stuff, you have to go into the basic stuff first then qualify for the special stuff </font>[/QUOTE]Those are called "Long-term goals"....good to have them.

Military is alright, and they treat you good for the most part....just not my cup of tea, i plan on getting out when my enlistment is up. I'm gonna try to find a civilian job doing what i do now. Oh wait..i build bombs, not much to choose from on the outside.
          1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28<br />1987 Buick Grand National

Comment

Anarchist for hire, just sign the legal contract ;)

Trunks, like most of the other threads like this, contact recruiters and find out what qualifications need to be met for each specialty you're looking to get into, then start working on those specific goals before you sign on the bottom line.

Also, anyone that owns a Scion in the military is automatically booted out. FWIW.
            The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

Also, anyone that owns a Scion in the military is automatically booted out. FWIW.
              [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
              RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 [deployed]:
                [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

alot of my friends are enlisting, right now i have like 4 marine friends 2 navy 1 af and like 8 army. i my self almost enlisted, before i found out i had funding for college, i did everything but sign the contract. i even scored a 95 on ASVAB (is that how you spell it?).
                  like 3.4 said just go to your recuter and listen to what he has to say, the filter out all the bs and READ THE CONTRACT,

another thing, if you meet some requirements, you can get spec ops school (sniper, ranger, seal, ext.) in the contract. as soon as one of my army friends gets out of boot, he heads to ranger school.
                  Fighting Texas Aggie class of 2008<br />black 3.4 T-top bird<br />- K&N CAI - magnaflo catback - slect coils - catco cat - tb coolant bypass

Comment

go navy or air force, air force over navy
                    2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

everyday i wonder why i joined the military.
                      1999 Pewter Camaro<br />A4<br /><br />165.3 RWHP 202.5 RWTQ<br /><br />Mods:<br />Borla Cat-Back, Jet Chip Stage 2 PCM, Tranzgenic Cold Air Intake, Pacesetter Headers, Car Sound Hi Flow Cat, Custom S-pipe

Comment

I believe the Army is in desperate of having more troops in their team, Air Force is forcing some people out.
                        <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

If you do decide that you're interesting in going for spec ops, SEALS, or any other special forces unit, DO NOT sign up on the "challenge" enlistment. That's where you go in and your job category is to go to SEAL school or whatever school you need to for that particular unit. But if you wash out, as most do, you do whatever job the military needs you to do. That means if you fail out, you could spend the next 4 years cleaning kitchens.

For those of you wanting to go to sniper school... good luck. I'd love to do that job (I'm a great shot), but I'm well aware that I would probably fail out where most people do: stalking. It's by far the hardest thing to learn in sniper school, i.e. silently hunting your prey. Anyone can be taught to shoot well, stalking is a natural talent.

Comment

Stalking is fun as hell =) Just have to be incredibly patient. I used to be an incredible shot but I'm out of practice now. I'm thinking about talking to a recruiter about it.
                            00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

http://www.seal.navy.mil/seal/bec_intro.asp

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X