SPOHN!! -update-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOHN!! -update-

On April 22 I ordered a Spohn torque arm. Two weeks later I called to check the status of it. They were on a 3-4 week backorder I was told. I waited another week and called again. "We're building them now, it will ship by the end of next week." (That would have been the end of LAST week). I called today for a tracking number. "We're building it now, it will be shipped by the beginning of NEXT week." For $430, I didn't expect to be treated like this.

Spohn makes some outstanding quality pieces, but if you want one, you better be ready to wait.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ June 07, 2004, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Skinny ]
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

If you want, you can just order a new one and just tell them to ship that one to my door. :D
    2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

took a week or so to get my adj pan hard bar..sorry bout the wait

Comment

http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/foru...?s=&forumid=35

fwiw
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

I ordered my subframe connectors from them. I got them 2 days after I ordered them.

Seems like they're still going through growing pains.

Unless I read wrong you ordered on April 22nd. You called 2 weeks after your order, May 6th and they told you 4 week backorder. 4 weeks from May 6th is June 5th. If they ship it to you on monday, you will most likely get it before June 5th, which is 4 weeks from the ORIGINAL date you were told. The fact that you kept calling AFTER they told you 4 weeks and someone else told you a different date is your own fault. They told you 3-4 weeks on May 6th the first time. It has not yet been 3-4 weeks.

Someone bought an Edelbrock torque arm on TGO. They didn't buy Spohn because of the price. The torque arm weld broke while driving ( at low speeds luckily). Spohn makes very high quality pieces. My SFC's came very well packaged, COMPLETELY covered in bubble wrap. It's unfortunate that they are so popular that the wait is so long but in all fairness, when you first called on May 6th you were told 3-4 weeks. Then you called again and someone else gave you a different date. Thats not their fault, since you were told 3-4 weeks originally.

They should have e-mailed you and told you the item was backordered though, you shouldn't have had to call.
          \"Since I started working, every single day has been worse than the day before, so that every day you see me is the worst day of my life\"

Comment

Originally posted by bobrules:
            Unless I read wrong you ordered on April 22nd. You called 2 weeks after your order, May 6th and they told you 4 week backorder. 4 weeks from May 6th is June 5th. If they ship it to you on monday, you will most likely get it before June 5th, which is 4 weeks from the ORIGINAL date you were told. The fact that you kept calling AFTER they told you 4 weeks and someone else told you a different date is your own fault. They told you 3-4 weeks on May 6th the first time. It has not yet been 3-4 weeks.

It's unfortunate that they are so popular that the wait is so long but in all fairness, when you first called on May 6th you were told 3-4 weeks. Then you called again and someone else gave you a different date. Thats not their fault, since you were told 3-4 weeks originally.

They should have e-mailed you and told you the item was backordered though, you shouldn't have had to call.
            I was told that when I ordered the arm, it was put on a 3-4 week back order. 4 weeks from THE DATE I ORDERED it would be May 20. If it had shipped on May 20, or May 21 even (like they told me it would) then I would be happy. I would have my new torque arm in time for the Gathtering in Atlanta this weekend. They tell me they've been building MY torque arm for over two weeks! It sounds to me like you're telling me that I shouldn't have called to check on it. I don't know about you, but when someone has $430 of MY money (billed on Apr 22), I want to know what it's getting me and when. And it doesn't matter who I talk to (although it was the same person), EVERYONE should be able to provide the CORRECT answers.

Now don't get me wrong, I agree that Spohn makes a very high quality piece (as I already mentioned), which is why I haven't cancelled my order.
            -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Thats sad, Spohn is supose to be bad *** to deal with.
              So if your loud mouths shaking and your consoles vibrating<br />bald 17 inch ZR1s got you Trans Am skating

Comment

U guys dont understand, spohn torque arms are BUILT TO ORDER if I recall reading somewhere, so its not like he stocks them on a shelf. He builds it for you, and when you get it, trust me, its worth the wait :D
                This revelation, is the death of ignorance...<br /><a href=\"http://www.quicktimeperformance.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.quicktimeperformance.com</a>

Comment

Built to order or not, from what you've said Skinny, it has indeed been more then 4 weeks (though your original post is unclear)

I would be upset as well....it's surprising to hear since everyone else I've seen has been nothing but happy about their experience with Spohn. Hopefully Spohn will reimburse you the cost of shipping or something of that nature for making you wait so long.
                  \"Since I started working, every single day has been worse than the day before, so that every day you see me is the worst day of my life\"

Comment

Well, after still NOT seeing the torque arm today, I called again. Now they say the arm is finished, and will ship out tomorrow. Well it's about d@mn time! I should see it by the end of this week... 48 days after the order was placed. I bet it shows up in red. :rolleyes:

Comment

or it shows up 2 more weeks later. i don't want to jinx you, but i've heard it all before...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X