• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a MiniVan

Buying a minivan for my wife.
    1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE
    lots of options, 60k miles.

Been looking and the dealer has a "push, pull or drag your vehicle" trade in going on with a minimum of 3k trade in.

It was advertised for 7900 online and marked up to 8900 for this sale....

I'm trading in my beater
    1990 Dodge Spirit
    odo stopped at 197217 miles
    lots of little problems
    I payed $445 for it and am getting 3k out of it (technically 2k with their markup)

Wife gets a newer minivan, I gain a 100 dollar a month car payment and a 1999 Grand AM as my new beater.

Overall Wife is happy, I'm going to attempt to pay it off quickyly, and the dealer is losing money! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

a minivan shane?!! [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
    RedlineVSix

Comment

Hey I'm not driving it, I get a better more reliable beater, AND you must not have understood.

This makes the wife happy, which is VERY good for me ;)

Comment

Minivans rock.
        www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

I understand where you're coming from ;)
          96 Teal Firebird<br />Colchester, Essex, UK<br /><a href=\"http://www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk\" target=\"_blank\">www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk</a>

Comment

Normally, those "push pull drag your old car in" things are like "we'll give you three grand for your car! (or make your first two payments)" so look for that.

Comment

Happy wife = good wife. Happy wife = Happy husband. Everyone winds. But why oh why a Plymouth???

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
              1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
              1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by Question:
                Happy wife = good wife. Happy wife = Happy husband. Everyone winds. But why oh why a Plymouth???
                I honestly believe Daimler-Chrysler has the best domestic minivan.

Toyota and Honda duke it out for the best import minivan.
                Tom<br />Too many mods for this sig.<br /><a href=\"http://www.l337server.com/Tom/cars.html\" target=\"_blank\">My car\'s site</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.FullThrottleV6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

My wife loves her Pontiac Montana. The kids like it because it has "MontanaVision" and they can hook up the Game Cube to it.

I just wish it had the Ram Air option.

We've taken it to mountains, lakes, rivers, national parks, the beach and the Florida Keys, the drive-in movies, not to mention hundreds of trips to Publix, Target and Disney World.

Still, the kids like driving up to school in the Firebird better than the Montana.

It was our emergency electricity generator (using a power inverter) during the aftermaths of Hurricances Frances and Jeanne.

Very useful.
                  I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                  CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                  FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    4 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X