Baby it or run it hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby it or run it hard?

Alright what are your thoughts on your car?

Do you baby it, keep it looking nice its a nice piece of machinery, that should not be abused...

Or do you run the everyliving piss out of it and push it waaaay above and beyond what the car is expected to do.

Personally, I drive the piss out of it, I have no interest in owning a "rare car" like a 35th LE SS, or Firehawk, or hell even just a regular SS... Give me a plain jane z28, let me do some mods and run the car hard.

don't get me wrong I don't try to break the car, I treat it nice, keep up on the maintenance, probably do more then I should. I keep a meticulous eye and am pretty anal about the car running tip top for the most part, but when it comes to time to open it up, I don't hold anything back, car was built to be driven so I am going to drive it [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Baby it...
    100.00%
    Run it hard...
    0.00%
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

I try to treat my car nice and take care of it as much as I can, but in the end I enjoy driving so thats exactley what I do. I couldn't stand to have a garage queen no matter what it was.

I think most of the board probably trys to maintain their cars and keep them nice, but at the same time runs them hard. Thats kind of why we are all here.

Comment

depends on the car
      my v6?
      thats a tooling car not a fast sports car
      I keep it under 2500 or 3000 99% of the time
      if it was a z28? hold r deep
      millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

I picked baby only because this car is a v6. I didn't get it for speed as much as I did for having a camaro.

When I look for a car that I just want to gun it with, I'm gonna look for an SS.
        97 Camaro<br />94 Blazer<br />~

Comment

i run the everloving snot out of her and she keeps comming back for more. but baby her when it is time

Comment

I prefer to have a nice looking car. An abuse car looks horrid. And you can tell just by looking at it that it's been abuse.

Plus I love the comments I've been hearing about my car looking fine.

My friend who probably has ADD, got a brand new Nissan 350z. Big mistake. In year or so that thing looks like hell.

My car is 8 years now. I can still park it next to a brand new Firebird and nobody can tell the difference.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Cars are built to drive. Sports cars are built to drive hard. F-bodies don't like to be babied....

- Justin
              <a href=\"http://www.njfboa.org\" target=\"_blank\">New Jersey F-Body Owners Association</a><br />1987 Camaro LT - 400sbc, Aluminum L98\'s w/valve job, Comp XE 274, Q-Junk 750, 3.23 posi, 4.10\'s soon.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.njfboa.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=11\" target=\"_blank\">East Coast F-Body Nationals - August 14, 2005</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
                a brand new Firebird
                You'll need to show me where I can get one of those. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]
                2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

x2

Comment

I am not saying neglect it and not wash it, you guys know I put some effort into keeping my car decent looking but I honeslty drive my car to hell and beyond, I have a stack of so many slips don't even want to count them to find out. Can't even remember how many autocrosses I have taken it too...

I know my car isn't a v8, but hell I enjoy pushing the limits of anything I drive continuosly.
                    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Another factor as to why I don't go hard on my car is it's my main driver. I have a 94 Blazer, but that's only around so that I can lug things if I need to.

If I had a spare, I'd probably take that to the track. Until then though, this little guy is just gonna be babied.
                      97 Camaro<br />94 Blazer<br />~

Comment

take a look at my mods and you can tell that i will ride her hard if i'm racing. but i do baby her. i will always shift at 1800 rpms, break soft etc. but if a race comes along i will run her as hard as she can go and then more! but for the most part she is a pampered girl!
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I drive mine pretty hard,but maintain it well. i cant wait to get it to the track.
                          <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Mine is my only driver, I think the only thing I do on average around town I rev match the shifts, so the shift fall in like butter.

Comment

i used to push it harder than i do now. now i take it really easy and only open it up every once in a while.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X