if carfax is inaccurate what other options are there - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if carfax is inaccurate what other options are there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if carfax is inaccurate what other options are there

so I'm deep into my search for the right v8 fbody. I have info on an 02 forumla which really fits my ideal (or pretty close) car.
    Go into the dealership and he gives me the carfax on it when I ask, tells me he got it from an auction in Houston. Carfax comes up clean for the most part except for the fact that it went from maryland to houston. And this car was sold at auction makes me wonder too. It's got 32k miles. Why would a dealership sell this car at auction if there was nothing wrong with it? If I was a dealer and took in a nice low miles car I'd proably hang on to it and try to resell instead of send it to auction and not get much in return.

Does this make sense to anyone else? I also am trying to find out what other resources there are available for researching the background of a car other than carfax.
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Could've been repossessed. They frequently sell the cars at auctions to get rid of them.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Carfax offers that buy-back guarantee if their info is wrong.
      1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Maybe it was sold in the dealer auction. The reason cars are taken to dealer auction is to sell FAST. I don't see anything wrong buying a car with auction history. Does the car drives ok?
        09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

yeah, every single car i have bought used including my camaro has gone through an auction prior to the place i bought it at.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I carfaxed my GP& it was sold at auction, being an ex -leased vehicle. Still going w/no probs :D
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

mine was auctioned!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FunkZ:
                Carfax offers that buy-back guarantee if their info is wrong.
                That's only if the info they gave you was wrong at the time they gave it to you. They can only report what they have.

If say an accident is reported on the car after you run the carfax, they aren't liable.

I honestly don't trust it at all. I almost totalled out my camaro, and even after 3 years, it never showed up on carfax.
                <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X