New(old?) PayPal Scam....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(old?) PayPal Scam....

just wanted to warn you all...my boyfriend actually fell for it today and has alredy had to go thru a great deal to correct his wrong doing. b careful out there

Dear Kcoleman208@yahoo.com,

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your PayPal account may
    have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security
    of your account and of the PayPal network is our primary concern.
    Therefore, as a prevention measure, we have temporarely limited access to
    sensitive PayPal account features.
    Please click on the link below to confirm your information:

URL REMOVED (by me)

For more information about how to protect your account, please visit
    PayPal's Security Center, accessible via the "Security Center" link located
    at the bottom of each page of the PayPal website.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your
    assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire PayPal
    system. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

The PayPal Fraud Management Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the header of any page.
    Copyright© 2004 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

The HTML graphics in this message have been blocked. [Show HTML Graphics - Edit Preferences]
    Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

i havent gotten anything nor have i heard of this scam
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

****ing *******s
      ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

I never reply back to anything like that. I figure if they really want to get a hold of me they will either call me or snail mail the info to me, and if they did call me I would tell them that not to worry, I'll close my account and start another one back up when I need another account. :D
        I have a hard time trusting almost anyone now days. Sad that times are getting this way. [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]

Jeff
        2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
        5 speed
        Project: Unreal
        Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
        2007 Chevy Aveo 5
        Mods K&N air filter:excited:
        www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Those scams are over 10 years old. Thousands of people still fall for them weekly.

It' called a fishing scam. You find a service that people pay for or has important information.

Like AOL, Paypal, Ebay.

You make a website on a free host. The website will look like the paypal website or AOL website.

You make it look like a secure website.

Then you send emaisl out to people telling them that AOL needs information and your credit card is not valid, please re enter or enter a new one with your password.

The victim clicks the link for the website (Its obvious its a scam, its not AOL.com first of all, second, aol will never ask for billing information online or password. So this just shows are stupid people are.)

After they click the link it will take them to the website and then the victim fills out the forms. Once the forms are filled out they click okay, and a CGI mail script sends the information to the thief. You can even get the email address of the theif by looking at the webpage source code. Most browsers have a view source option if not. I believe you can download many web page source code rippers for free. Its impossible to actually hide web page source code, although there is code to block people from clicking view source. You an just log your internet activity and packets.

Comment

AOL thousands of AOL users get scammed everyday. what is so funny is the fact that when you open the AOL mail box, on the bottom in bright red it says "AOL will never ask for your password or billing information online."

But people are so stupid to fall for the

BillingAOL@AOL.com fake email address.

Since email headers text are meaningless to a mail server they are simply for the user to understand the name and subject of the email.

All email is, is data retrieved from a database.

If you use hotmail or AOL ect... People do not send you email. Email is sent to your incomming mail server and the data is then read by a email client.

What is funny is the fact that people think email is private, but its not. Anyone that has access to a imap or pop server can read all the emails databased in that server. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

hmmmmm
              92 25th rally sport garage baby, 97 30th rally sport, 01 camaro garage baby. obsessive compulsive camaro fan. id rather push a camaro then drive a rice burner.

Comment

email the real paypal and tell them
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Paypal has a fraud department and you can send a copy of any suspect e-mail to them and they'll check it out. I had one sent to me that started with "Dear Paypal Member,". One way to usually tell is Paypal always states "Dear Firstname Lastname," of the person the account is registered to. If it doesn't it means that someone's fishing for your info. The address is https://www.paypal.com/us/wf/f=sa_fake. You can get to it through the "Security Center" link at the bottom of the main page after you log in. Hope this helps and sorry you got screwed.
                  Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X