Found more HP after fuel injectors treatment. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found more HP after fuel injectors treatment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found more HP after fuel injectors treatment.

I can't believe what a big difference after the fuel injection cleaning. I thought I was doing the right thing back then by putting in an additive, STP fuel injector cleaner, every 3000 miles.

But when I saw one of the shops advertising a discount for 29.95 on fuel injection cleaning. I thought I would give it a try.

Now the 98 Bird idles great and starts up right away. I feel some horses coming back. Highly recommend taking your car to a shop and having your injectors cleaned, instead of doing additives.

Actually, I should have done this before the smog, that would have helped. Oh well. Now that it's over, I'm putting back my mods.

[ August 06, 2004, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Mighty Thor ]

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

post is kind of confusing. You were using STP every 3K miles, then you saw (?) on sale for 29.95 and used it. What would (?) be?
    Shane
    00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

Comment

Originally posted by snatch:
      post is kind of confusing. You were using STP every 3K miles, then you saw (?) on sale for 29.95 and used it. What would (?) be?
      Shane
      Sorry, that's bad grammar. I was thinking faster than I was typing.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Ahhh, now Ive got it! I had that done once on my rodeo, didnt seem to help much though. Can you buy those things at the parts store?
        Shane
        00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

Comment

i wonder if your improved idle has more to do with carbon cleaning of the cylinders that is also typically a result of professional fuel injector service.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X