malicious mischief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malicious mischief?

i'm watching cops on FX right now and a guy just got arrested for domestic violence and malicious mischief. the officer told him that he smashed a lamp during an argument and that's malicious mischief. he then went on to explain that during the heat of an argument, you legally cannot destroy your own or others' property. now i knew you couldn't destroy anyone else's, but i didn't know you could go to jail for breaking your own **** during an argument. so here's a question for DV or anybody else knowledgable about the law:
    let's say my girlfriend and i get in an argument. i go in the other room and smash my guitar on the floor. she calls the cops. i can go to jail for smashing my own guitar?
    1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

god, it's probably per state.. that's ridiculous
    ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

i saw that too. he looked like a wrestler i remember watching when i was a kid
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Hell suicide is attempted murder, so that is not really suprising at all.... just my 2 cents
        If its not fast of loud, its no good.

Comment

Wow... the thought of going to jail for attempted murder after trying to kill yourself seems funny to me.

As if things weren't bad enough before you tried to kill yourself, then you can't even do it right, then they send you to jail.
          www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

Originally posted by DrSquirts:
            Wow... the thought of going to jail for attempted murder after trying to kill yourself seems funny to me.

As if things weren't bad enough before you tried to kill yourself, then you can't even do it right, then they send you to jail.
            lol.
            WWW<br />Certified Collision Repair and Refinishing Technition<br />1997 3.8l Y87 Camaro \"Layla\"<br />2000 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by DrSquirts:

a guy my dad used to work with attempted suicide... shot himself in the head with a shotgun. survived. the only problem he has is a speech impediment. but he didn't go to jail :D .
              1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Think about if you were a Cop or the President. They might kill you for you! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

I think the reason they place the attempted murder charges for suicide attempts is so that there are grave enough charges that you will admit insanity or some such thing to keep yourself out of prison, yet position yourself so that they can force you to get psychiatric help.

they cant 'make' you get help if you claim you are healthy and refuse treatment. they do it so that they can make you get help and not repeat the situation.

downey, if you are in a relationship where you get into a lot of arguements and she is a vindictive type, get the hell out NOW. There is WAY too much **** they can snag you on, and in those situations you are not 'innocent until proven guilty' your not even 'guilty until proven innocent' You get domestic abuse charges raised against you, you are just ****ed. plain and simple. and thats all they need is a complaint.... even a false one. end of story.
                  \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

I hope one can't go to jail for breaking their own sh*t. I'm not the violent type ... but just in case I wanna break something in the future, that sucks! HaHa Well, I think I threw my cell phone once ... just put a whole in the wall, the phone was fine! Ah well ... that 'law' is ridiculous!
                    \'97 Camaro, 3800 Series II, Anniversary Edition * Bright Green Metallic --&gt; T-Tops * Flowmaster Exhaust * TPS Throttle enhancer * SLP Cold air intake .....<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821</a> <br />AIM - Cycochic69

Comment

Originally posted by ellik:
                      downey, if you are in a relationship where you get into a lot of arguements and she is a vindictive type, get the hell out NOW. There is WAY too much **** they can snag you on, and in those situations you are not 'innocent until proven guilty' your not even 'guilty until proven innocent' You get domestic abuse charges raised against you, you are just ****ed. plain and simple. and thats all they need is a complaint.... even a false one. end of story.
                      dude, i never said i was lol. i was just using an example. my girlfriend and i are close. we fight on and off but the most it's ever come to was one of us raising our voice at the other for a brief second. we're really calm about it. i was just wondering if it was true that i could go to jail for breaking my own **** while in an argument lol.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X