Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Corvette SS?

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...threadid=47873
    Just wondering what you guys have heard on this one. Appearantly not the unconfirmed Blue Devil. LS9 blown corvette motor only, not for pontiac/caddy/etc,smaller displacement than the LS7.

The anticipation is killer- whats next, along the line will we see a SS Z06 with 700 or 800 hp :drool:. in any case if you have the money you can get the Z06 and supercharge it yourself.
    -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Another "SS" to add to the rapidly growing list....

Comment

Originally posted by V8 Killer:
      But these are the real deal.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
      1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
      1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by Question:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by V8 Killer:
        But these are the real deal. </font>[/QUOTE]haha, um yeah. i think 600 hp should cut it. what do you guys want?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Question:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by V8 Killer:
          But these are the real deal. </font>[/QUOTE]haha, um yeah. i think 600 hp should cut it. what do you guys want? </font>[/QUOTE]I think the cars that should not be SS should have their badges removed. But the Vette is worthy for sure.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
          1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
          1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

yeah, but the vette's ss is the z06. Stupid to put a ss name on a vette. but it is worthy.
            99 WS6
            13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
            tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

I thought they were going to label it as the Blue Devil.

They've been testing, tuning, and refining this car for awhile now. Nice to know that it will go on production.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

They are claiming it isn't the Blue Devil. Which would kind of make sense since the Blue Devil, when rumored, was based on the C5 chasis and supposedly caught on fire out west at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by shock_core:
                  Stupid to put a ss name on a vette. but it is worthy.
                  why is it stupid? just b/c it hasnt been done before?
                  RedlineVSix

Comment

well, i mean the vette is worthy of the ss name. but i thought the vette's ss badge was the z06... i dunno
                    99 WS6
                    13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
                    tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Bla bla bla, "not worthy of the SS name" blibbity bla...

The SS is just a high end package. Its a package. A package. Nothing more, nothing less. You guys act like theres some Chevy rulebook somewhere that says SS is reserved for V8 RWD cars.

I dunno if they should call the vette an SS though. More like a variant off the Z06 package. If you call it an SS, now what, is that the top car? The Z06 drops down the list to second? Too confusing.
                      <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

ss or whatever they call it i just like the powa!

but yah definately confusing. kinda sad its not the 427 like the lingenfelter TT but o well. been reading up a bit more and peeps have been speculating that GM made this motor so that caddy and others can use the LS7. also that the LS9 is smaller in displacement so it can handle the boost better with thicker walls which makes sense. I wonder what, if ne, exterior mods they will do- and if it will be tuned the same way or will it be more straight line oriented.

as hard as it may be lets not get to worked up till it actually comes out.
                        -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Yeah that's right. The SS label is nothing more than a package. May it be 4, 6, or 8 cyclinders, SS means that it's got the package.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

The '06 Impala SS is... a front wheel drive (FWD). I'm still betting this is the way future "musclecars" with the SS badge will be designed but with GM's ever tightening budget, this might happen. I sure hope not.

Next thing you'll know, some backwards baseball cap wearing, Eminem wanna-be punk will pull up next to you and ask if you can light them 'front' tires up in a burnout show on your prized Camaro SS in the future.

All I can say is to save your RWD and build it to terrorize the street!
                            Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

the ss badge isnt used like it used to be, as a result it doesnt stand for the same thing it used to. when you in you car looking for trouble and some races the thing you would want to see in the late 60s is a ss badge pull up next to you. you knew when you seen that you were more than likely to get your *** handed to you.

nowa days its on everything. the cobalt ss(non-superchaged)and chevy ss truck are laughed at. sure some cars deserve it the cobalt ss supercharged and the monte and impala's that are supercharged.

the z06 badge is kinda like a ss badge to let you know it the big dog, but at the same time its a bit different. in 1963 Zora Arkus-Duntoz, made the z06 package to make a race ready production car.
                              <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X