Got to ride in friends new z28 tonight... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got to ride in friends new z28 tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to ride in friends new z28 tonight...

A couple of my buds came over tonight after one of them got a 97 z28 6-speed yesterday. Nice car ... the only thing i have on it is mine is prettier. Anyways the guy told him it would run low 11's and he says it will run low to mid 11's too. Well i rode in it and i must say it was fast as hell but i dont know about lo-mid 11's. I thought the 97 lt1 ran mid-high 13's stock. Anyways here are all his mods: k&n intake, hedman headers, 3 inch flowmaster exhaust w/ high flow cat, hurst shifter, msd ignition (control box, coils, wires), ngk plugs, and he said it had crank work and different heads but it doesnt have a cam. I thought this was a little strange to have different or ported heads without a cam so im not sure i believe him on this one. Anyways he is going to the track to race some trans am that runs low 12's so im not so sure he will beat him or not. What do yall think and do you think his car will run low 11's? i kinda think it wont but thats just me.
    1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

....he bought it all modded?....maybe....
    92 25th rally sport garage baby, 97 30th rally sport, 01 camaro garage baby. obsessive compulsive camaro fan. id rather push a camaro then drive a rice burner.

Comment

maybe, but i dont think LT1's run 13's stock. kind of stupid to buy a modded car. you have no clue what wear and tear is on it.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
        maybe, but i dont think LT1's run 13's stock. kind of stupid to buy a modded car. you have no clue what wear and tear is on it.
        ^^^^
        92 25th rally sport garage baby, 97 30th rally sport, 01 camaro garage baby. obsessive compulsive camaro fan. id rather push a camaro then drive a rice burner.

Comment

blah..you never know what kind of wear and tear is on a car with or without mods. a 97z will squeak a super high 13s with a good driver.. with his mods I'd say high 12s at best.. if i'm wrong I'd like to hear why.. hell the guy doesn't even have upgraded gears
          ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Sh*t i forgot about the gears... he has 4.10's... thats the only other mod.
            1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

Comment

yea, the LT1 i was runnin at the track when i went last time had 3.73, TB air foil, flowmaster exhaust, and was auto. He ran a BEST of 13.9, normal runs were 14.4 or so.

If he took the car out and it scared the crap out of you, its prolly 11's. If it felt real fast, its prolly 12's, if it felt quicker than your car significantly its 13's.

With those mods and the BS the dude fed him about 'crank work', im guessin mid to high 12's.

Comment

He's NOT in the 11's. If you were in Chicago, I'd let some of my buddies show him what 11's are. :D

The car should TAKE OFF for 11's. Let me tell yah!
                2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X