so much for RIAA only being able to sue if you upload - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so much for RIAA only being able to sue if you upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see how it's possible to sue for downloading. As far as I know it is perfectly legal to own copies of media you own such as cd's. How are they going to prove you don't own the cd's and just want copies? Yes it's highly unlikely that you'd download songs from cd's you have but it's not impossible. I've downloaded a few hundred songs in the past few weeks because all my cd's were stolen, many of them I purchased. I don't consider what I'm doing illegal at all, I bought the cd's, I want the music, it's that simple. Plus isn't it their job to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt? What are they going to do ask me for receipts for cd's I bought 5 years ago? It's ridiculous
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
      **** THE RIAA IN THE ***.

Period.
      [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
      1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Lol well i win, ive got about 450 xbox games... and i could add on with pc games and other systems games but either way i think its safer to pirate games rather than music. Untill your selling that is. :D
        Red 98 A4 Firebird<br />..its pretty..<br />- - - - - - - - - <br />6 Infinity 3-way speakers with Alpine deck and 720 watt Kenwood amp..

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe:
          I'm just curious as to how they found out what's on these parents' hard drive without infringing on their privacy. Can't exactly get a warrant for civil court.
          Me two, them searching the drive is a clear violation of the 4th ammendment.
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by whiteshark:
            I don't see how it's possible to sue for downloading. As far as I know it is perfectly legal to own copies of media you own such as cd's. How are they going to prove you don't own the cd's and just want copies? Yes it's highly unlikely that you'd download songs from cd's you have but it's not impossible. I've downloaded a few hundred songs in the past few weeks because all my cd's were stolen, many of them I purchased. I don't consider what I'm doing illegal at all, I bought the cd's, I want the music, it's that simple. Plus isn't it their job to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt? What are they going to do ask me for receipts for cd's I bought 5 years ago? It's ridiculous
            Thats what I wonder about too...

Comment

Stefan, I agree with you. As long as the RIAA is doing this whole crazy sue-everybody deal, I will no be buying any music. Radio and old music works for now.

-Justin

P.S. Ticking off your customers is a bad idea.
              <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X