Glass fuel filters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass fuel filters...

So this all happened like 4 months ago, heres how it goes...
    I recently purchased a new Demon carb for the Vette, and it ran good for awhile then it started running bad. We sold the old Holley, and then we discovered that the Demon didn't have any fuel filters. I then went down to our local speed shop, and looked into the different kind of fuel filters. Out of the selections, I noticed a glass fuel filter. I then thought how idiotic could you be to run a GLASS fuel filter. Sure, I'll admit they looked pretty trick, but definetly not safe. What if your tuning your carb or something and the wrench/screwdriver/tool slips and hits the fuel filter and it busts? That would NOT be pretty...needless to say I didnt get a glass fuel filter. I surely would not run a glass one, and I've heard a few horror stories of some busting, and the car going up in flames. I dont have any experiance with them, so dont take my opinion to seriouslly, but just a word for the wise, beware.

Justin

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
    1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
    1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Good looking out, I won't get one for my Regal considering it's mounted just forward of the driver's side rear wheel. ;)
    Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

I can't fart loud enough to express my opinion on the idea of a glass fuel filter.
      2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

I woudnt get one for ANYTHING lol, no matter what it is.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
        1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
        1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

I'll Take TWO!
          I\'m so used to doing so much with so little, I can do anything with everything!

Comment

hmmm....
            I got one on my old ford, been there for 3 years with no problem yet...knock on wood [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
            my other truck has a 50 cal mounted on it

Comment

They are a fire hazard unless mounted well. People just let them hang and they can break if the hit something hard. Hit a pot hole to hard, it jumps, smacks the intake and in 30sec your car is a BBQ.
              BuickThunder.com<br />\"Think out side the bowtie\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X