Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Port Nitrous on a GTP.

ClubGP

Drool. He's got some other mods as well but the NNNNAAAWWWWZZZZ part is my favorite.
    2000 GTP<br />Pulley, Intake<br />ET - 14.02<br />Trap - 97.15

wowsa... looks badass. when is someone going to do that around here?

Comment

Hopefully that hundred shot 'a NAWS won't blow the welds on the intake.
      Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

dam...
        2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Ma
          98 Silver Camaro V6<br />15.238 @91.74 w/ 2.288 60\'<br />Mods: K&N, FTRA, Pacesetter Headers, Spec 3 Clutch, 160 Thermo, TSP Rumbler, 3\" Catco, Whisper Lid, 3.42\'s w/LSD, Aluminum DS, Man Fan Switch<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain

Comment

Man I would love to do something like that to my car eventually. First step is the Turbo, then the juice. (Can't wait to blow up that engine for a good reason to rebuild the whole thing) :D
            98 Silver Camaro V6<br />15.238 @91.74 w/ 2.288 60\'<br />Mods: K&N, FTRA, Pacesetter Headers, Spec 3 Clutch, 160 Thermo, TSP Rumbler, 3\" Catco, Whisper Lid, 3.42\'s w/LSD, Aluminum DS, Man Fan Switch<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain

Comment

why do that? more power or what? lol.. pardon my ignorance...

Comment

Shirl and Ironman24 has that set up. Imagine the combination.

I hope to do the same too. But debating, because I don't race.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

The main problem with dry kits is you have no precise control of how much fuel goes in and the NOS doesn't have to evenly distribute itself to each cylinder. Wet kits carry fuel through your intake and although they let you control how much fuel gets added now both fuel and nos don't have to evenly distribute (also preignition can blow your intake off the car). Direct port lets you use much larger quantities of nitrous saftely because your injecting the nitrous directly into the intake runner before the cylinder for even distribution (not sure if fuel is added in the same manner have to ask someone else for specifics).

In my opinion unless your running direct port your just taking the easy way out and should be made fun of for running nitrous. However with direct port you should be shown the same respect as other power adders.
                  00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

My post on that board:It is definately an eye pleasing kit.

Also, MUCH safer.

All the dyno results I've seen seem to have "low" rwtq numbers on the NX direct port.

What I mean is the gains from N/A (or blown in your case) to the nitroused times.

I'd have to dig through my magazines, but I'm too lazy right now.

Do you mind posting how much it cost you?

VERY nice set up though. Please don't think I'm trying to bad mouth the set up, I'm just commenting on what I have read on it.

But, it would be SOOOO mcuh easier than drilling and tapping the intake manifold, sigh! One day, yes one day

Nice ride though!
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X