Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless USB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wireless USB 1.0 standard agreed upon

May 29, 2005. - The Wireless USB 1.0 standard has been completed. Based on one of two competing Ultrawideband (UWB) technologies, the Wireless USB 1.0 standard enables cable-free connections between computers and devices that work at the same speed as USB 2.0 (480Mbit/s) but without having to make use of wireless PCI or USB network interface cards or adapters.
    Backing from Intel and Microsoft should assure it a future in spite of the failure of the IEEE standards body to establish a single UWB specification. The format is to be handed over by the Wireless USB Promoter Group to the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), which will certify all products before they can display a Wireless logo. If all of the present developments take place, the Wireless USB 1.0 standard will become one of three competing wireless connectivity options. A wireless version of FireWire is under development, and the Bluetooth Special Interest Group has revealed plans to integrate UWB technology into Bluetooth in order to boost its speed and possible applications.
    US consumers can look forward to a handful of Wireless USB products appearing in shops by the end of this year, with many more products following in the first half of 2006.
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

That's pretty amazing speed for wireless. I wonder what kind of range it has.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

O jeez, they already screwed up bluetooth, and I for one wont trust my wireless usb flying around the air. Plus, even tho its rated at 480Mbit/s, I dounbt you will see anything over 100Mbit/s. I say this because any wireless usually needs tons of overhead. Like 802.11g is rated at 54Mbit/s but when its all done you see like 20Mbit/s.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X