Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 Class action lawsuit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4502572.stm

You would think MS would realize releasing crappy products is a bad thing.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

mines ok. Knock on wood.
    2003 Chrome Silver Nissan 350z 6 Speed<br /><br />2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro 3800 M5-----SOLD but missed

Comment

i never buy the first initial release of anything, let the bugs get worked out first.

that plus microsoft had to beat nintendo and sony to the punch, they had to expect something like this.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Funny thing is I can understand putting out a class-action lawsuit of Microsoft said they weren't going to replace the defective products.

Instead of the customer going and doing what he should (get a replacement from Microsoft) he jumps the gun and gets a lawsuit going.

I'm sorry, it's not like your game system not working isn't going to have some sort of effect on his quality of life or his ability to live.

I'd be pissed if it were a pacemaker that didn't do what it was supposed to do, THAT's a reason for a lawsuit. Nope, this guy wants some cash because it involves a large corporation. Nothing more.
        Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Originally posted by L32Projekt:
          Funny thing is I can understand putting out a class-action lawsuit of Microsoft said they weren't going to replace the defective products.

Instead of the customer going and doing what he should (get a replacement from Microsoft) he jumps the gun and gets a lawsuit going.

I'm sorry, it's not like your game system not working isn't going to have some sort of effect on his quality of life or his ability to live.

I'd be pissed if it were a pacemaker that didn't do what it was supposed to do, THAT's a reason for a lawsuit. Nope, this guy wants some cash because it involves a large corporation. Nothing more.
          It's not doing what it's suppose to. Its crashing and freezing up. I'd be pretty effin pissed to if I dropped 500 clams on something that only works half the time. MS wanted to beat everyone else to the punch, and rushed the release resulting a crappy quality control.

What if GM rushed the production of a new car, and the car only started half the time.
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Then you'd go to the dealership under warranty. Exactly like what this buttstain should do with his Xbox360 which is still *gasp* UNDER WARRANTY!

Nope, instead he wants to make some cash instead of RTFM and going through authorized channels to get it fixed.

BTW, If he spent more than $400 for the "real" Xbox360, then he's a tool.
            Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Ya, that lawsuit is BS. Ya, your Xbox dont work. Life goes on. Get it replaced, like the company is offering.

Its gonna happen, ive bought DOA hard drives. I just returned em and had it replaced. With any electrionic device, your gonna have things go wrong, especially with brand new products. Looks like Microsoft understands they have issues with it, and are working to fix em.

Any smacktard that thinks he is going to get a device that is the first of its kind, with new technology out the wazoo and have it work flawlessly is a moron that doesnt live in this century. I have a hard time remembering any new product that had that covered that much ground that worked without any problems at all the first go.
              94\' Quasar Blue Camaro - Gone<br />---New ride---<br />98 Silvermist GTP

Comment

Originally posted by L32Projekt:
                Then you'd go to the dealership under warranty. Exactly like what this buttstain should do with his Xbox360 which is still *gasp* UNDER WARRANTY!

Nope, instead he wants to make some cash instead of RTFM and going through authorized channels to get it fixed.

BTW, If he spent more than $400 for the "real" Xbox360, then he's a tool.
                Yea, but to get it replaced under warranty, he can't just go to walmart and have it replaced. I don't know about you, but everywhere around here is sold out of them. So he's probably gonna have to send it out, and wait who knows how long for a replacement.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to encourage frivelous lawsuits, but sometimes big mega huge companies like MS need someone to keep them in check every once in a while.

MS screwed up bigtime. They skimmed on quality control to beat everyone else to punch, now its biting them in the ***. Instead of hearing about how awesome the xbox is, all I've been hearing is how many problems it has.

Just beacause it's a 'new product' doesn't mean it has to be a piece of sh*t. Sure I expect a few glitches, but not on the scale like what i've been hearing about the 360.

Comment

From what I read, you can "fix" the problem by raising the back of the unit up by an inch or two. This allows more air to cool the power brick - which is the problem.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

^^^^ Yes you can, all you have to is keep it away from hot objects IE: receivers and the back of the xbox. And elevate it from thick carpet.

Most people just put it on the 2 corners of a box.

MS doesnt make the PS, and I'm not saying it's right to screw people over like this and put out a defective product, BUT they are losing quiet alot of money on each console, so I can see why the cut some corners.

From what I've read, the PS costs about $6 per unit.

Luckly, the PS is external so it is a easy fix.

Comment

I agree that it sucks when things don't work out, BUT I also think it's a consumer's responsibility to do what they should according to the procedures outlined in their warranty. If Microsoft wasn't doing anything about it then I'd say sue 'em. However, I'm sure those with a defective unit are going right up to the front of the line to get a new unit as it comes off the production line.

From what I understand is that this problem affects a small amount of users (I'm not going to toss out an arbitrary number, because I don't exactly know) and is not widespread.

If it were widespread and everyone's units were bunk, then I'd say it's Microsoft's problem and that they skimmed over the QA process. However this is not the case, so it's hard for me to take the side of Mr. Lawsuit.

I know everyone's got their opinion and that's great, but my opinion is instead of throwing a fit and trying to sue a company that's bringing next-gen products to the market, work with them via the guidelines set forth and get a replacement.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X