??best place to live in the united states?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

??best place to live in the united states??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??best place to live in the united states??

i have one more year to live here in san antonio and was just wondering where in the united states you guys would recommend living.
    my wife and i are really contemplating somewhere up north - boston, chicago, Virginia or higher. i finish school in december 2004 and my lease is up at the same time. so i got 1 full year to prepare and make up my mind.

what do you guys reccommend?
    btw, my wife loves big cities - new york, san antonio, chicago. i love small rural towns population < 5000. in the end she will win.
    6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

and i simply refuse to live in california or new york.

i wish california would just fall into the ocean! why do i hate cali so much? because my car will never pass inspection there. wait, my car will never pass inspection anywhere :rolleyes:

Comment

well i dont want california to fall off [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

personally i would want to live in alaska
      I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Comment

i would go to cali in a heartbeat, but i cant take my car or my EGR removing/cat gutting practices with me.

Comment

if YOU somehow happen to win the decision, my town is in wisconsin and is only about 5700 people it's called mauston. For big cities in wisconsin try madison, fairly low crime rate, i think it was rated one of the best low-crime cities
          White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

Comment

Florida!
            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Miami.
              2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
              Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Trunks:
                if YOU somehow happen to win the decision, my town is in wisconsin and is only about 5700 people it's called mauston. For big cities in wisconsin try madison, fairly low crime rate, i think it was rated one of the best low-crime cities<hr></blockquote>

i wouldnt fit in a town with no crime. i just moved out of a neighborhood that had daily drivebys and cop chases. remember a while back somebody stole my freaking trash can! just the other day my washer/dryer, stock sopiler, and my transmission i was selling was stolen between the hours of noon and 3 pm. they even went thru all my tool boxes and took the tools they wanted - they left some tools behind. then the next day they came back and took my sons bike. what gets me though is they took my tranny and spoiler. why take my stock spoiler? i could kill a mexican if i knew who it was.

but yeah a low crime town is exactly what i need. the townhome i just moved into - the first day i let my kids go to the neighborhood park alone they get into a fight with my freaking neighboors.

florida sounds nice, but i would definately have to check it out first before i bedded down there. i still have nightmares of scarface.

Comment

good ole dover delaware...close to everything..30 min from the beaches..45 - an hour away from philly and washington and maryland...you got it all....plus its small and quaint
                  96 3.8l green camaro Y87 <br />(Sold January 28th, 2004) New whip (02 Civic SI)<br />\"Out with the bad..in with the good; out with the bad in with the good!\"<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/themeangreen6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/themeangreen6</a>

Comment

Boston is nice big city. I haven't been there in a while but I go to school with a lot of people from there and they love it there.

You're from hot San Antonio though; do you REALLY want to move up to the colder north? Right now, the temps are usually in the 20s-30s....the reason I ask is because some southern people sh*t a brick when it gets below 60.

Oh yeah, while I am comfortable living in CT, I wouldn't recommend moving here: cost of living is high.
                    --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

MINNESOTA

no inspections and then you can join the MNfbody club and race with us all.. you could live in St. Paul or Minneapolis, those are pretty big cities.
                      <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~beer13oy/carpage.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 3.4 Liter M5 Camaro</b></a><br />A few mods...<br />still slow.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.mnfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Minnesota F-body</a>

Comment

CT is actually one place that is on our list. as for the cold, thats nothing that cant be helped with sweatshirts and jackets and maybe a little hot cocoa. you are right though, anything below 70 is reason to pull out the parka down here.

i didnt think of dover, but i can imagine the cost of living is high there to.

i wouldnt mind going to water country usa again if it is still around. virginia sounds good minus the hurricanes.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95DGcamaro:
                          MINNESOTA

no inspections and then you can join the MNfbody club and race with us all.. you could live in St. Paul or Minneapolis, those are pretty big cities.
                          <hr></blockquote>

why is it all i can put together with those cities is crime?

though i do like the invitation to race.
                          :D

Comment

dont come to florida, there are enough people here already.
                            2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Dover isnt to high in prices to live..there are several small little towns near dover for ex. camden in which i live..its about 10 min from dover...Awesome hear the weather never sucks summer its in the high 80's and winter stays about 40 or so...never to cold or hot..but heat i dont think it matters for you since your from texas. Tax free shopping here..very awesome
                              96 3.8l green camaro Y87 <br />(Sold January 28th, 2004) New whip (02 Civic SI)<br />\"Out with the bad..in with the good; out with the bad in with the good!\"<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/themeangreen6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/themeangreen6</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X