X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The perfect car GM should make

A RWD platform car

Bullet Proof Drivetrain

Strong Engine, Forged internals. An engine that responds very well to modifications. (Heads, intake, cam, forced induction.

A cheap option to buy a watered down engine that people can modify for big power gains if they want them (But keep them strong) Or an option to buy a OEM engine that is already built.

Like a 320 horsepower LS1, or 400 horsepower LS1 both stock.

Easy access to fix mostly anything.

Little to No plastic.
    Vinyl, Cloth, Metal, FiberGlass. (NO Briddle Rattling PLASTIC!)

A Option to buy your car with comfortable suspension or strip/pro street suspension.

Standard 3.42 Gears with a 4.10 or 3.73 option.
    Must by LSD.

Strong Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Seats, A/C Heat, Rear Window Defroster.

ABS/TC or No ABS/TC Options

Thats it! Maybe cosmetic options and sound system options.

This is what all muscle and sports car enthusiats dream about, but car makers dont get the picture.

People that want a muscle or sporty car just want a built strong car that has power.

Soccer moms want a car that get 30 miles per gallon and doesnt need maintenance every 3000 miles.

Car makers are so into this "We want to bring you a sporty muscle type car that make 300 horsepower and doesnt need maintenance for 8 thousand miles."

I dont care about taking my car in for a brake flush or tire rotation. I dont care that i have to change the oil every 3000 thousand miles. I dont care if my car lets me know my keys are still in the ignition, or my door is open, or my seat belt is off, or my brake light is out. If your to stupid to realize you left the keys in your car and locked the door, or forgot your seltbelt and need a reminder, then obviously you shouldnt be driving a fast vehicle.

All i care about is that my car has power and can handle beating on the road while driving hard.

All these people are bragging about "My car doesnt need to have an oil change for 8 thousand miles, transmission fluid is never changed, i dont need to do anything!" Well, thats great, but your car is not fast, obviously if it doesnt need maintanence you are not pushing it to the limits.

Why do so many 4 cylinder cars last to 200-3000k miles? Simple answer... 70-120 horsepower is very little stress on a engine.

[ August 01, 2004, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: BirdOfPrey01 ]

And with a MSRP of $5,000
    New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
    RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
    crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
    The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Originally posted by '98 BlackBird:
      And with a MSRP of $5,000
      Thats another point, if they just made sure the cars were strong, made with good metals and had decent power. 320 horsepower stock is satifying enough, not everyone looks for a 400-500 horsepower monster. But 320 horsepower out of a LS1, with a bullet proof drivetrain, drop all the gay little accessories.

And GM could make a RWD car that was really strong, had power and didnt break. For a decent price. 20k brand new! Maybe less.

Really now, plastic doesnt cost much more or less than vinyl and cloth. It's just bad choices by the designers.

Comment

The F-body should of been 20k brand new for a 98-2002. But the design was so bogus and out dated. The price to build the car was too much, so they cheaped out on important parts.

GM just has bad designers right now.

Notice how much better looking and feeling a honda civic is compared to a Cavalier?

How much nicer a Maxima is compared to a Grand Prix/Impala/Monte Carlo?

Even Ford has cought onto the band wagon. The interior of the 2000+ mustangs look very nice. Same goes for fords other cars.

Dodge has some great looking interior also.

I work at a shop and every newer GM car I bring in, it looks like poop inside the interior, thin briddle plastic all over. Everything is so Cheap and Cheesy. :(

[ August 01, 2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: BirdOfPrey01 ]

Comment

you know you mostly just described a corvette/Z06.
          ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOfPrey01:
            The F-body should of been 20k brand new for a 98-2002. But the design was so bogus and out dated. The price to build the car was too much, so they cheaped out on important parts.
            The F-Body was $20K brand new in 2002. A decently optioned Z28 could go for under $20K after rebates, and the V6 was even less.
            <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 02PewterBird:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BirdOfPrey01:
              The F-Body was $20K brand new in 2002. A decently optioned Z28 could go for under $20K after rebates, and the V6 was even less. </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know where you got those numbers, the Trans Am I wanted was $31k in 2002! And that wasn't fully loaded either!
              <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

yea those numbers are way off, Cheapest Trans Am i seen was like $31k in 02, and the one i wanted came out at $38k...........and SS are only like 2-3k less the TAs
                94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

Comment

i honestly think that GM should make a turbo 6 car, similar to the GN's drivetrain, w/ f-body platform and handeling, manual, with a nice interior but not TOO nice.

turbo cars are so easy to modify, just up the boost.

i think dodge did it right with that crappy SRT-4. As much as i hate those cars and basically everyone i know who drives one, its cool to get deep 12's with a warranty. Put that turbo power through a V6 and wow, you are good to go.

Comment

does anyone think that an all wheel drive vette would be a good idea?
                    2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

Comment

Slap a turbo on the Solstice when it comes out. Quick convertable, low weight, good power to weight ratio, not an import.
                      The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

Solstice's apperance design needs to be remodified. I'm not a big fan of "future" designs.
                        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> </b><br /><br />1998 Sport Metallic Gold Firebird A4:<br /><br />Whisper Lid, 5% Limo Tint, 30th Anniversary Side Stripes, 3\" Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Man Fan Switch, SLP CAI<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 98goldbird:
                          Solstice's apperance design needs to be remodified. I'm not a big fan of "future" designs.
                          Nor am I. Too futuristic for me. I swear if they bring back the F-Body and make it look like that, I will burn down every GM plant in the U.S.
                          Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

Originally posted by camarov62003:
                            does anyone think that an all wheel drive vette would be a good idea?
                            Huh? For off-roading in a Vette? :D
                            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazing_Firebird:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 98goldbird:
                              Nor am I. Too futuristic for me. I swear if they bring back the F-Body and make it look like that, I will burn down every GM plant in the U.S. </font>[/QUOTE]You people sound like those f*rd crybabies when the mustard was rumored to be replaced by the probe. Don't like the car, don't buy it. I'd love to own a convertable, a fast one even better. And one that doesn't cost over $25k

[ August 01, 2004, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: 3.4 [deployed] ]
                              The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X